5,593,458 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at Samsung Logo! bricked! help!

Tip us?

jdm-e4gt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Unhappy Stuck at Samsung Logo! bricked! help!

Well, I just got the phone and went on to root and I did with the new method for MF3. then, installed safestrap recovery. finally, i messed up and installed an aosp rom, Gummy KitKat 4.4 and now stuck when booting phone. I cannot get into recovery, I cannot install MDB or MDL through odin, and I cant use Kies to restore since I dont have my sticker behind the phone and dont have my serial number. So, what can I do to restore the phone?? Please help. Thank you.
Device: SGH-I337 (AT&T Galaxy S4)
Carrier: Simple Mobile

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-e4gt View Post
Well, I just got the phone and went on to root and I did with the new method for MF3. then, installed safestrap recovery. finally, i messed up and installed an aosp rom, Gummy KitKat 4.4 and now stuck when booting phone. I cannot get into recovery, I cannot install MDB or MDL through odin, and I cant use Kies to restore since I dont have my sticker behind the phone and dont have my serial number. So, what can I do to restore the phone?? Please help. Thank you.
Check out this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504311

as you found out you can only flash 4.2 based Roms with safestrap.

With the link I gave you can get the Odin files for MF3 and use Odin to reflash MF3. AS LONG AS YOUR STILL ON MF3. IF YOU UPDATED TO 4.3 THEN DO NOT FLASH IT AS IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

If I helped just hit the THANKS button

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdm-e4gt
Old
(Last edited by jdm-e4gt; 9th December 2013 at 09:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt View Post

AS LONG AS YOUR STILL ON MF3. IF YOU UPDATED TO 4.3 THEN DO NOT FLASH IT AS IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.
I was on MF3 and then tried flashing kitkat, i never updated to 4.3. Am I still clear to use the MF3 Tars? I hope this works. Thank you!!!

Update: The MF3 TARs worked flawlessly! THANK YOU!!!!
Device: SGH-I337 (AT&T Galaxy S4)
Carrier: Simple Mobile

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-e4gt View Post
I was on MF3 and then tried flashing kitkat, i never updated to 4.3. Am I still clear to use the MF3 Tars? I hope this works. Thank you!!!
Yes. Basically as long as you haven't flashed the 4.3 bootloaders you should be okay with flashing the MF3 Odin files.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]