5,595,339 Members 48,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Think I've bricked, need help ASAP

Tip us?

BilboSwaggins
Old
(Last edited by BilboSwaggins; 9th December 2013 at 08:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 886

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Think I've bricked, need help ASAP

So, I deleted system when I changed ROM for the first time (always had HTCs so that's how it worked). That went well(!) Then my phone repeatedly refused to boot into recovery, just restarted, but I got lucky one time and it did, so I flashed the ROM I had on there as soon as I could. I knew that was buggy but it worked. Completely forgot about the backup I previously made. So after a few days of trying to get into recovery it finally happened today, then I tried to go back to that restore, but it failed. Then I forgot to backup what I had now, so I'm back to nothing, because CM11 won't flash. Then when I tried to restore the update for a second time, the screen got brighter and brighter and became corrupt, so I just unplugged it. There seems to be no damage, and I'm in TWRP again, but upon mounting to my computer it isn't recognised. So, is there a 4.3 100% STOCK ROM for the i9505 that I could flash in Odin (or any ROM that I could flash in Odin) that could get this phone working again? Unless there's a way to downgrade to 4.2, then I'll take that too.

Edit: I'm in the UK (BTU) and found this tar file: I9505XXUEMK8_I9505BTUEMK5_I9505XXUEMK8_HOME.tar. I believe this should work, as I have the i9505 and I'm in the BTU region, so should I just flash that in Odin?

kajing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepont View Post
So, I deleted system when I changed ROM for the first time (always had HTCs so that's how it worked). That went well(!) Then my phone repeatedly refused to boot into recovery, just restarted, but I got lucky one time and it did, so I flashed the ROM I had on there as soon as I could. I knew that was buggy but it worked. Completely forgot about the backup I previously made. So after a few days of trying to get into recovery it finally happened today, then I tried to go back to that restore, but it failed. Then I forgot to backup what I had now, so I'm back to nothing, because CM11 won't flash. Then when I tried to restore the update for a second time, the screen got brighter and brighter and became corrupt, so I just unplugged it. There seems to be no damage, and I'm in TWRP again, but upon mounting to my computer it isn't recognised. So, is there a 4.3 100% STOCK ROM for the i9505 that I could flash in Odin (or any ROM that I could flash in Odin) that could get this phone working again? Unless there's a way to downgrade to 4.2, then I'll take that too.

Edit: I'm in the UK (BTU) and found this tar file: I9505XXUEMK8_I9505BTUEMK5_I9505XXUEMK8_HOME.tar. I believe this should work, as I have the i9505 and I'm in the BTU region, so should I just flash that in Odin?
I'd rather suggest putting a new, clean rom on the phone by copying the rom onto your sdcard (via cardreader if it doesnt mount via usb) and installing it through TWRP on the phone itself instead of through odin.
Or is there some point I am missing why you specifically want to go back to a stock rom? Since a restore is out of the question why not go forward?
Can't answer you on that specific file, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to kajing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BilboSwaggins
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 886

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajing View Post
I'd rather suggest putting a new, clean rom on the phone by copying the rom onto your sdcard (via cardreader if it doesnt mount via usb) and installing it through TWRP on the phone itself instead of through odin.
Or is there some point I am missing why you specifically want to go back to a stock rom? Since a restore is out of the question why not go forward?
Can't answer you on that specific file, sorry.
The main reason why I wanted to go back to stock was because virtually nothing worked. Scrolling on recovery was broken, getting into recovery itself was a rarity, the charging screen while the phone was switched off but plugged in didn't work, to name but a few problems. I'm just going to stock to fix all of that, by going back to stock, then I'm going to move forward. Go one step backwards to end up two steps forwards.

Anyway, I just did a #YOLO (help pls), flashed it and the phone appears to work perfectly again, to my relief. *breathes heavily*

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 446

DONATE TO ME
Solved I see. U flashed the correct one for ur region
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]