XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Epic 4G Touch on FreedomPop using Wimax Custom advice plz

Tip us?

Tekone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Epic 4G Touch on FreedomPop using Wimax Custom advice plz

My Epic 4G Touch on FreedomPop now.. 4G speed better than I expected.. 7-8Mb/s average in business hours at Los Angeles area. But, they're only using 4G Wimax to receive Txt and call, runing custom rom without Wimax support wouldn't work. So, just wonder which latest version of custom rom has Wimax support? What I searched 4.2.2 still has Wimax. Which one else do?? Also, since FreedomPop don't using regular signal to received call and Txt. They seems to searching signal and drain battery alot. I need a reliable custom rom can support daily need.

Oh.. I just rooted my epic 4G Touch with AGAT_Recovery tREC_v0.2.2 in. Which CWM need to flash most custom rom??

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
4.2.2 and below. I have FreedomPop and am not in a 4G area and I can use 3G and 1X for calling and messages... It runs on the Sprint network

Tekone
Old
(Last edited by Tekone; 5th December 2013 at 02:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
4.2.2 and below. I have FreedomPop and am not in a 4G area and I can use 3G and 1X for calling and messages... It runs on the Sprint network

Yep.. FreedomPop using Sprint Network with 4G Wimax. It run better than Virgin Mobile plan. At least I can get 5-10mb/s data speed in Los Angeles area which Virgin Mobile can't give more then 1mb/s speed.

1x for call and Txt? don't they used data to send &receive call/txt? when you talking 1x, it seems like uisng regular signal to txt & call?

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekone View Post
Yep.. FreedomPop using Sprint Network with 4G Wimax. It run better than Virgin Mobile plan. At least I can get 5-10mb/s data speed in Los Angeles area which Virgin Mobile can't give more then 1mb/s speed.

1x for call and Txt? don't they used data to send &receive call/txt? when you talking 1x, it seems like uisng regular signal to txt & call?
1X is also basically 2G data

Tekone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
1X is also basically 2G data

My device runing rooted official 4.0.1 rom and AGAT_Recovery tREC_v0.2.2 install. Can use this recovery to flash any custom rom 4.2.2 or below?? Or custom require different CWM? Please give any instruction to install CWM for custom rom.

I realize this FreedomPop can't be an emergency phone. Signal good outside of Costco parking alot. inside costco completely death.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekone View Post
My device runing rooted official 4.0.1 rom and AGAT_Recovery tREC_v0.2.2 install. Can use this recovery to flash any custom rom 4.2.2 or below?? Or custom require different CWM? Please give any instruction to install CWM for custom rom.

I realize this FreedomPop can't be an emergency phone. Signal good outside of Costco parking alot. inside costco completely death.
Yeah you can use that recovery

Tekone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yeah you can use that recovery

Your rom looking awesome http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2320041

If I use AGAT_Recovery tREC_v0.2.2 to flash your rom, do I still need to follow those 6 step instruction in your thread shows below? Or I just Wipe cache, Wipe Partition, and install your rom in??

1. Download full ROM, verify MD5 checksum and copy to phone SD storage.
2. Download and copy Jellybean X2 Format utility to SD storage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077277
3. Install EL26 (Chris41G) kernel or EL29 Directboot kernel.
They can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1662295
( Look for: GB - Stock EL26 Repacked Kernel or GB - Direct Boot CWM )
Note: For success, EL26 & EL29 kernels are recommended for flashing this rom!
4. Reboot into recovery, flash JB X2 Format then the ROM. You may flash a JB modem at this point if you like (required to run JB), but no other mods until ROM has fully booted the first time. Clean flash only if you're not coming from a previous version of this ROM! (Don't even ask cuz I'll flip on you for not reading the OP, this is highly modified and will not mesh well with other TW ROMs or AOSP.)
***Note- EL29 cannot flash modems- however, you can always flash it after the ROM boots with the built-in recovery***
5. Let ROM boot fully and settle for a couple of minutes during the initial boot. (It will take around 10 minutes)
6. Setup, then try out the features and debloat to your liking. It's recommended for performance's sake.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
You should be fine as long as you have been on TouchWiz 4.1.2 before, if not you'll need to repartition your device using a One Click Odin. The reason for this is so the Preload partition can be created, it holds most of the system files now.

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
I am rocking this rom on my freedom popped sprint E4GT
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285290

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
I'm using Project X on Freedom Pop-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2320041