Tip us?

GSXRspike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Failed Custom Recovery Update w/ Dandroid 4.4

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 ATT I337UCUAMDL
Model Number in settings on 4.4 ROM = GT-I9505G

As the title says, I installed dandroid's newest 4.4 ROM from WICKED v5 4.2.2 and lost root. So I attempted to update my CWM Recovery from Odus 1x to the newest using Odin which failed do to write protected I suppose all though others says that doesnt effect their installs.

Where I'm at:
Cannot boot into recovery, says booting recovery the just reboots and enters Dandroid's ROM w/o root.

I'm now lost and have been reading the forums for hours. Currently downloading STOCK Samsung firmware for my device I337UCUAMDL_I337ATTAMDL_ATT.zip
CASUAL failed.

What do I need to do to get back to WORKING custom recovery w/ rooted dandriod 4.4 kitkat rom. Should I use Odin and flash stock rom then motochopper to root and try to reinstall working CWM recovery?

Please advise best course of action. My phone had been working properly with every ROM I tried before update to 4.4 ROM and attempted CWM recovery update (thinking that would fix my root issue). Thanks all!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
If you have a nandroid, and I hope you do, just restore that in your custom recovery. If you don't, then you're going to have to return to stock with odin

GSXRspike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tried motochopper on the phone as it sits and it fails as well.

I have a stock backup but the problem is I no longer have access to any recovery. Guess I'm just gonna have to flash the stock firmware with Odin when its finished downloading and start over.

GSXRspike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just finished Odin flash back to samsung factory firmware. Phone stuck at att world logo on bootup, still can't access recovery. Any ideas?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRspike View Post
Just finished Odin flash back to samsung factory firmware. Phone stuck at att world logo on bootup, still can't access recovery. Any ideas?
If you flashed Odin successfully you can get into recovery.

GSXRspike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Finally got into recovery it rebooted 3 times but just holding the req. buttons finally got me in.
Back on factory firmware and rooted w/ cwm recovery all back in place properly worrking.

I would like to use the Dandroid 4.4 ROM with this device. When I install am I going to lose root again and if so, how I do I get it back on this device since the model in the settings is going to change from I337 to I9505G after installing this ROM?

GSXRspike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Figured it all out last night, re-flashed Dandroid's latest ROM which still caused me to loose root, then flashed SuperSU 1.51 instead of 1.80 and regained root. All is right in the world now.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSXRspike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enowicki
Old
(Last edited by enowicki; 10th December 2013 at 01:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRspike View Post
Figured it all out last night, re-flashed Dandroid's latest ROM which still caused me to loose root, then flashed SuperSU 1.51 instead of 1.80 and regained root. All is right in the world now.
Hey, if you dont mind me asking where did you get the 1.51 zip to flash? I'm having a similar issues with same ROM where i lost root but have recovery access.

Thanks

Update: Found the file. Flashed it. Root is back. Have you let market update it automatically? If so did you lose root afterwords?