5,604,367 Members 48,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel issues after 4.3 Knox trip

Tip us?

swizz-knife77
Old
(Last edited by swizz-knife77; 9th December 2013 at 07:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default Kernel issues after 4.3 Knox trip

Happy Monday folks. I've got a question for all you smart pplz.

I got my device . Immediately updated to MJ4 and rooted and tripped KNOX....which I don't really care about...

However, when ever I try and flash a ROM with a Kernel that is not "stock" it will go into bootloops. If I let it sit for maybe 5 mins it will eventually boot...sometimes.

So, every time I flash a rom I'm having to flash a stock based kernel along with it. I've been using the stock TW kernel to flash along with jellybomb.

My only deal is, once we have AOSP..whether it's 10.2 or cm11... how will that work since the kernel will be different. Or is there a way to get the custom kernels to work. Primarily the beast mode kernel lol.

Any info will be much appreciated. If I have overlooked some of this information on the threads my apologies in advance.

Currently on Jellybomb.
Running latest TWRP. If that helps.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TrofeoSC
Old
Thanks Meter 275
I did the same things you have done and have not had any problems even with Beast 1.8 OCd to 2.726. I am on Minin3 4.1 however, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Freeza is working on some issues for others. You might want to post in his Kernel thread in the Development section.

Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrofeoSC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Compusmurf
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Not every phone will like his kernel. Mine doesn't because he has L2 too high for my obviously crappy device.

anytime I try a rom with his kernel, I'll have a bad day.

After you flash his rom, try flashing a stock kernel and see if your issues go away. If so, well, welcome to my world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compusmurf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swizz-knife77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Got it to work. I was having to use a stock kernel. But I noticed I was not flashing the same way the OP was. So I flashed with ..

Wipe.....reboot recovery....do not flash su....flash rom. Viola. Now on Minin3 4 . Beast Mode!. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. Problem solved

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app