[Q&A] CM 11 Nightlies | 12-9-2013

Search This thread

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Now that CM 11 nightlies are available for the Jewel, I felt it would be appropriate to post a Q&A thread to keep the clutter out of the dev thread for Deck's builds. Please keep in mind this is for questions and answers related to CM 11 nightly builds ONLY. Hit the link below for download links.

CyanogenMod Nightlies

Please note that before flashing this build, you MUST install the TWRP recovery that is specifically for Android 4.4. Link can be found below. This recovery is not the same as the TWRP recovery found on Goo or on the TWRP website. The ROM flash will fail if you attempt to flash this ROM with the standard TWRP recovery. Make sure you make a backup in TWRP prior to flashing this ROM, and remember, if S-on, you will need to install the kernel via fastboot or Flash Image GUI.

TWRP Recovery

Bootloader flashable TWRP (thanks to @Osirus71 for providing this):

Bootloader flashable TWRP

If you'd like to run CWM recovery instead of TWRP, try out PhilZ Touch CWM recovery for Android 4.4. This recovery does not have the issue that previous CWM recoveries had for our device. Get it here.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0087

Tried the 12/09 nightly, WiFi wouldn't connect. About to try the 12/10.

EVOlved human

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
dneal44 from the cm 10.2 forum said WiFi works but no SMS coulda been that ur flash went wrong or something

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK0087

Yea, still no luck. Data works but no matter what I try, it won't connect to WiFi. :(

EVOlved human

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
Damn, I'm going to flash today's nightly will report anything buggy

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
ok flashed 10/12 nightly wifi is working and so is gps and so is the camera txting and calling r working too i tried ART but the settings and the gapps crashed and phone became completely unusable so i had to flash again so it's maybe the gapps that i downloaded if anyone here got the gapps to work with ART on cm can u plz post a link thank u :)

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
xda wont install on my phone dont know why and es file manager cant open my external sd keeps saying invalid path:(

G

GuestK0087

12/11 still can't get WiFi. I'm at a loss. Tried rebooting. Tried WPS. It detects my WiFi, but it won't connect. Just stays locked. ???

EVOlved human

PxPx

Jan 8, 2011
ok flashed 10/12 nightly wifi is working and so is gps and so is the camera txting and calling r working too i tried ART but the settings and the gapps crashed and phone became completely unusable so i had to flash again so it's maybe the gapps that i downloaded if anyone here got the gapps to work with ART on cm can u plz post a link thank u :)

Sorry to ask, but what nightly did you flash? I am reading that as Dec. 10, surely not Oct. 12 (I'm in America if that is why I am being weird about this).

ultimatelegend1

Sep 13, 2013
Sorry to ask, but what nightly did you flash? I am reading that as Dec. 10, surely not Oct. 12 (I'm in America if that is why I am being weird about this).

Yeah its Dec 10

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

12/11 still can't get WiFi. I'm at a loss. Tried rebooting. Tried WPS. It detects my WiFi, but it won't connect. Just stays locked. ???

EVOlved human

Can't help u on that one but I'm guessing it's the phone not the ROM maybe u should try flashing the superwipe zip before the ROM and the gapps
But it will format ur internal memory completely I think (can't remember)

HeckNoTechnO

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com
I am on the latest nightly but so far in all the KitKat builds I have flashed I do not get any sound (notifications, ringtones, ect) when I have my phone docked in my car dock.

z3r0t0l0rEnCe

Dec 20, 2010
Classified
Its safe to delete the downloaded nightly after its been installed right? Also with the encryption for messaging, once set up, can it work with hangouts?

z3r0t0l0rEnCe

Dec 20, 2010
Classified
So I'm on the 12/12 build and have only to issue I have ran into.

1. Very random reboots. 1 or 2 so far.

2. losing data, toggling airplane mode on/off resolves

Other than that I really can't complain. Overall this has been the Best rom I have ever used.

Great work CM team. :D

chico260

Nov 30, 2013
used correct twrp and gapps but when flasing i get... error executing updater binary in zip ... also said no md5 file found ... is there a fix for this ?

chico260

Nov 30, 2013
Are you flashing the recovery in Deck's thread? And what process are you using?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

I'm pretty sure and I'm.. fastboot flashing.. could you give me the link to decks thread so I know for sure.. just looked.. yes it's recovery from op

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that CM 11 nightlies are available for the Jewel, I felt it would be appropriate to post a Q&A thread to keep the clutter out of the dev thread for Deck's builds. Please keep in mind this is for questions and answers related to CM 11 nightly builds ONLY. Hit the link below for download links.

CyanogenMod Nightlies

Please note that before flashing this build, you MUST install the TWRP recovery that is specifically for Android 4.4. Link can be found below. This recovery is not the same as the TWRP recovery found on Goo or on the TWRP website. The ROM flash will fail if you attempt to flash this ROM with the standard TWRP recovery. Make sure you make a backup in TWRP prior to flashing this ROM, and remember, if S-on, you will need to install the kernel via fastboot or Flash Image GUI.

TWRP Recovery

Bootloader flashable TWRP (thanks to @Osirus71 for providing this):

Bootloader flashable TWRP

If you'd like to run CWM recovery instead of TWRP, try out PhilZ Touch CWM recovery for Android 4.4. This recovery does not have the issue that previous CWM recoveries had for our device. Get it here.
    I posted a pic of the digital roam here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50056751

ELTE on Vanir Inverted ftw!
    If you use an app like SignalCheck it will confirm that you're actually connected to Sprint.
    So no more official jewel nightlies?

They'll be back, hopefully within this week, with a requirement to have 4.13.651 firmware.
    Okay guys. I've added a link to PhilZ Touch CWM recovery. It supports Android 4.4 and does not have the issue that older versions of CWM had with our device (not playing well with the misc partition). I've used it myself for the last few days and, while it takes some getting used to, is very feature-rich. Link can be found in the OP.
    Updated OP with a link to the bootloader flashable TWRP zip. Thanks to Osirus71 for providing this.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Sweet......Glad to help whenever possible......:highfive: