[DEV][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.3 for Moto G

Search This thread

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
thanks for the recovery, i think it maybe a good idea if you also upload stock recovery just incase somebody wants to go revert it :)

Haggster66

Feb 23, 2013
gr8

Thanks a lot for your good work! I was able to successfully flash CrossBreeder on my Moto G using your TWRP build.

One thing: it won't mount the data partition (had to copy the zip I was flashing onto some directory on /system as a workaround, reboot into TWRP and pick it from there to flash it). Might be that this is happening because my phone is encrypted, however on all my other devices TWRP is automatically asking me for my decryption password when booting into recovery, after which there are no further problems.

Looking forward to this becoming stable!

rapunzel11

Feb 15, 2011
The Touchscreen is working after sleep and wake but it's still buggy.
Anyway i've made my first Backup and that is a great progress.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010
Reactions: jiantang

a1Pha

Are you doing builds?

I can't wait! I'll gladly be your alpha/beta tester :laugh:

I don't want to promise anything. My TWRP build was the first TWRP port I ever made for a device. My next target (besides of fixing touch in this TWRP build) is getting a CM to boot. It doesn't, yet - but I guarantee you, that if I don't succeed, somebody else will! :)
Stay tuned ;)

G

GuestK0044

Mismatched partition size (recovery)

--Edit--

Its working great!

I'm an idiot!

I didn't realize vol up was the select button, I was hitting power and the phone was rebooting.

Plus I didn't search first, bad me.

Last edited:

Doublepranks

Nov 21, 2013
Belem
Will I need to unlock bootloader before flashing it?Sorry for asking such a noob question, I know not much about it...

C:\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9974 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.344s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.354s

Doublepranks

Nov 21, 2013
Belem
Flashed it and tried for awhile. It boots just fine yet everything looks fine till you touch the screen as well as we all already know.
I'll try porting CM 11 to this little baby starting today, it's my very first port and i'm completely knew to it, Well.. We all must start at some point right?

ferossan

Jan 19, 2011
Santiago
Will I need to unlock bootloader before flashing it?Sorry for asking such a noob question, I know not much about it...

Yes, you must. Sadly, it will erase everything leaving the phone as you got it brand new.
Usual steps are:
1) unlock bootloader: follow this and/or this.
2) flash recovery: see first post in this thread
3) flash root: here is a very detailed guide for nexus 5, but is the same Moto G

Reactions: Doublepranks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is TWRP?

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Everything should work.

Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Download (thanks to @dhacker29 for this build):
    http://loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoG/TWRP-2.6.3.3-falcon.img
    so i fixed a backup and file manager empty problem from twrp modified from entropy
    set ro.build.product from falcon to falcon_umts for assert issue during flash and future compatibility of cm-11 flash for falcon xt1032

to flash correctly

1) Download this zip and plug your device to usb on pc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq7y7kvczkrcyjs/Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip
    2) adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_145044.zip /sdcard/
    3) Go to Recovery Mode (i think also CWM work in flash of this zip)
    4)Install zip from recovery previously flashed and choose after Reboot recovery
    5) test touch,backup,restore,flash and file manager operations
    Since we all are working on CM11 right now there are some priorities to be set - you'll get the full device tree ASAP. First we need to fix some bugs, but I guess by the end of next week there will be a more or less stable CM version (without making any promises) with corresponding device tree.
    When I get home I'll talk to Dees_Troy about debugging touch issues. We've solved booting on 4.4 bootloaders, just need to solve touch response.
    Are you doing builds?

I can't wait! I'll gladly be your alpha/beta tester :laugh:

I don't want to promise anything. My TWRP build was the first TWRP port I ever made for a device. My next target (besides of fixing touch in this TWRP build) is getting a CM to boot. It doesn't, yet - but I guarantee you, that if I don't succeed, somebody else will! :)
    Stay tuned ;)