5,598,779 Members 34,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Freegee won't unlock bootloader!

Tip us?

silvertero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Freegee won't unlock bootloader!

Hey everyone, I had to reflash the ZVC software through LGNPST because I bricked my phone and now I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader - I've never had a problem with this before! When I run Freegee it doesn't even ask or have the option to unlocked the bootloader, just to flash recoveries. I tried that hoping it would unlock it, but it didn't work. The older versions you would just click "unlock my phone" but this new one it doesn't exist. I even tried using an older freegee to unlock it, but even though it says "Your phone has been liberated!" it still remains locked. Any ideas?

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertero View Post
Hey everyone, I had to reflash the ZVC software through LGNPST because I bricked my phone and now I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader - I've never had a problem with this before! When I run Freegee it doesn't even ask or have the option to unlocked the bootloader, just to flash recoveries. I tried that hoping it would unlock it, but it didn't work. The older versions you would just click "unlock my phone" but this new one it doesn't exist. I even tried using an older freegee to unlock it, but even though it says "Your phone has been liberated!" it still remains locked. Any ideas?
Have you tried the sbl unlock in the FreeGee menu? Or teeny bins, since you already have LGNPST.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Eventually

silvertero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
Have you tried the sbl unlock in the FreeGee menu? Or teeny bins, since you already have LGNPST.

There is no option for that in the new version of freegee that I downloaded, none that I can find! And yes, I tried the teeny bins as well

Shelnutt2
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1606

DONATE TO ME
The only way to install a recovery is to unlock the phone .

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelnutt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862
Quote:
There is no option for that in the new version of freegee that I downloaded, none that I can find! And yes, I tried the teeny bins as well
So as Shel said... If you have a recovery, then your unlocked.
I ran it last night and it is even more simple now. Backup EFS, install recovery, Done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post
The only way to install a recovery is to unlock the phone .
Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the new FreeGee. It's so simple, a caveman can do it.
Guess I need to rewrite/shorten the guide now.
So now we just go straight to the SBL unlock I guess?

Eventually

silvertero
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
So as Shel said... If you have a recovery, then your unlocked.
I ran it last night and it is even more simple now. Backup EFS, install recovery, Done.

Thanks for the new FreeGee. It's so simple, a caveman can do it.
Guess I need to rewrite/shorten the guide now.
So now we just go straight to the SBL unlock I guess?

If thats the case how come every time i reboot my phone or turn it on this screen comes up saying "Google" with a locked symbol at the bottom?

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862
Quote:
If thats the case how come every time i reboot my phone or turn it on this screen comes up saying "Google" with a locked symbol at the bottom?
The Google comes from the sbl unlock that used to be the only option on the new FreeGee.
The Freegee released last night gives you an option of the old style with LG, and the new style with Google.
Eventually you'll end up with the Google style just because that will be needed to unlock your phone. That's just the nature of our phone.
As for the lock symbol, are you sure it isn't an open lock and just not turned? Mine has it and is unlocked. If you press and hold the power+vol up that should give you TWRP or CWM. Whichever was your choice.

Eventually