5,594,282 Members 43,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I know I'm not supposed to ask this but:

Tip us?

Blancos4Lyf
Old
(Last edited by Blancos4Lyf; 9th December 2013 at 09:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default I know I'm not supposed to ask this but:

Why is Cyanogenmod taking so long!? They posted a teaser on October ~16th and have made one more post after that, I'm actually getting fed up waiting for CM, If only I had the skills to port it myself, I tried stumbled across a few problems, anyone with Developing skills want to assist me in building CM11 for our SM-N9005 (hltexx)?
Why are there No developers attempting to make an unofficial CM Rom, or any AOSP rom. AOSP/AOKP as long as it runs like Stock. Tired of the bloating of Touchwiz.
No Flames please. ;D

Cyanogenmod 11.0 NIGHTLIES!.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, N9005 International Snapdragon Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blancos4Lyf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eddiemc
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Maybe because there's too many users not wanting to jump ship due to love for proprietary SPen stuff.. That means unless a developer has the phone (not many of the great ones have) and wants to run aosp, there won't be much progress.

Guess you could be the first

I'm also so desperate after aosp that I've considered trying to learn and make a aosp rom, but it's a huge jump for someone who hasn't developed; Even temasek (great kanger) hasn't tried anything on his own, and he has both great skills and a n3.

Alas, guess the whole community is waiting for cm to make the first move, once it happens there'll probably be an onslaught of aosp roms for our device.

Omnirom would be my first priority

I guess we could ask around for good devs with the n3 and perhaps somebody would start, or buy/raise money for one for Pulser, or somebody else, on a good aosp team.

Blancos4Lyf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc View Post
Maybe because there's too many users not wanting to jump ship due to love for proprietary SPen stuff.. That means unless a developer has the phone (not many of the great ones have) and wants to run aosp, there won't be much progress.

Guess you could be the first

I'm also so desperate after aosp that I've considered trying to learn and make a aosp rom, but it's a huge jump for someone who hasn't developed; Even temasek (great kanger) hasn't tried anything on his own, and he has both great skills and a n3.

Alas, guess the whole community is waiting for cm to make the first move, once it happens there'll probably be an onslaught of aosp roms for our device.

Omnirom would be my first priority

I guess we could ask around for good devs with the n3 and perhaps somebody would start, or buy/raise money for one for Pulser, or somebody else, on a good aosp team.
Definitely waiting for Omni or PA, as they let us keep the S-pen features (from what I hear)

Eddiemc
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Keep SPen..? Not so sure.. Pa was a highly regarded rom on note 2, and omni have their take on multiwindow, but neither have SPen features as they are on stock. But as long as you have a registered pen pull out and return, everything can be made possible. I'm a huge fan of gmd pen gestures, so I've turned off all the Sammy pen stuff and I'm using that instead. Also it gives me peace knowing that I'm not getting used to proprietary Sammy stuff I'll loose on aosp.

Blancos4Lyf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc View Post
Keep SPen..? Not so sure.. Pa was a highly regarded rom on note 2, and omni have their take on multiwindow, but neither have SPen features as they are on stock. But as long as you have a registered pen pull out and return, everything can be made possible. I'm a huge fan of gmd pen gestures, so I've turned off all the Sammy pen stuff and I'm using that instead. Also it gives me peace knowing that I'm not getting used to proprietary Sammy stuff I'll loose on aosp.
The s-pen is a gimmick, got over it after the first week, would've been good to have it. But I can live without it.