5,598,779 Members 35,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Steps to making N9005 work with Tmobile 4G?

Tip us?

mrpug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryxsq View Post
I think it is settings->connection tab->more network settings. I am flashing mine note 3 so i cannot be sure. But it should be along those lines.
oohs I see the thing is its on LTE already, so Im not so sure if I need the correct Rom or something in order for the radio to read the 4G as the Rom I have is another country.

terryxsq
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpug View Post
oohs I see the thing is its on LTE already, so Im not so sure if I need the correct Rom or something in order for the radio to read the 4G as the Rom I have is another country.
You mean you already have the LTE/WCDMA/GSM radio selected? If thats the case then you dont really need to do anything else. If you have a 4g sim and 4g coverage then you will connect to 4g automatically.

mrpug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You mean you already have the LTE/WCDMA/GSM radio selected? If thats the case then you dont really need to do anything else. If you have a 4g sim and 4g coverage then you will connect to 4g automatically.
yes i meant its selected already. Really?? I thought I had to do something else cause it doesnt seem to be reading the 4G like with my brothers phone, and we are on the same plan.

terryxsq
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpug View Post
yes i meant its selected already. Really?? I thought I had to do something else cause it doesnt seem to be reading the 4G like with my brothers phone, and we are on the same plan.
you mean he has a note3 and it reads 4g instead of lte?

if you get the 4g signal then the status bar will show 4g.

mrpug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you mean he has a note3 and it reads 4g instead of lte?

if you get the 4g signal then the status bar will show 4g.
well he has a galaxy s4 but if we are together, on his status bar it will show 4g meanwhile mine will show H+ or E.

LimitsX
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The issue is LTE Band.

N9005 is missing LTE BAND 1700/2100 . Thus, it won't connect. It is missing in the software, not hardware.

You have to flash the N900T rom and/or modem on your phone to get North American LTE + HSPA+ (4G) bands to work properly!

but make sure flashing N900T rom won't trig Knox though.
The Following User Says Thank You to LimitsX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrpug
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitsX View Post
The issue is LTE Band.

N9005 is missing LTE BAND 1700/2100 . Thus, it won't connect. It is missing in the software, not hardware.

You have to flash the N900T rom and/or modem on your phone to get North American LTE + HSPA+ (4G) bands to work properly!

but make sure flashing N900T rom won't trig Knox though.
Ohs I see, so I can technically flash any N900T modem to my phone? but what happens if I trigger KNOX already? will it affect anything?
Im currently on android 4.3, N9005XXUBMJ1, N9005OLBBMI3