XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it bricked?

Tip us?

veiledaiel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it bricked?

Hey guys, I'm desperate for help. I am running Slimbean 4.3 on my Vibrant, and last night while I was just browsing Reddit in an app, my phone shuts off immediately with no warning, no shut down sequence, and plenty of battery charge left. Now it just sticks on the Vibrant boot screen, restarting every 20 seconds or so if I try to turn it on, or if I plug it in it just stays at the spinning circle. I am unable to enter recovery mode through all the button combinations I have tried. The best result I have had is taking the battery out, holding up/down volume, then inserting the battery. This gets me to the "downloading, do not turn of target!!!" screen, but I cant get past that screen. The only computer I have access to is a mac, so I have't been able to try anything using ODIN. Does anyone have any tips or advice, I really can't afford to buy another phone right now with Christmas coming up. Thanks a lot guys.

wkenworthy10
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by veiledaiel View Post
Hey guys, I'm desperate for help. I am running Slimbean 4.3 on my Vibrant, and last night while I was just browsing Reddit in an app, my phone shuts off immediately with no warning, no shut down sequence, and plenty of battery charge left. Now it just sticks on the Vibrant boot screen, restarting every 20 seconds or so if I try to turn it on, or if I plug it in it just stays at the spinning circle. I am unable to enter recovery mode through all the button combinations I have tried. The best result I have had is taking the battery out, holding up/down volume, then inserting the battery. This gets me to the "downloading, do not turn of target!!!" screen, but I cant get past that screen. The only computer I have access to is a mac, so I have't been able to try anything using ODIN. Does anyone have any tips or advice, I really can't afford to buy another phone right now with Christmas coming up. Thanks a lot guys.
Usually it send the phone to download mode when you have a USB or charger cable plugged in. Make sure you have that port clear then try it. Mac's can run Hemidall (I think that's how you spell it) which is like an odin equivalent. I don't have much experience with that but someone else here might. Try researching that as well. That should put you on the right track