5,605,250 Members 39,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone died- can it be revived?

Tip us?

stopeject
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for your interest. With a boot image on SD card the phone attempts to boot showing me this:

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS.
COPY FROM T-FLASH.
BOOT RECOVERY
WRITE 159488 sectors
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ODIN MODE

PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

Flashing with ODIN is failing. I received the USB jig, it makes no difference. The jig itself is good, it puts my wife's GS3 in the download mode just fine.

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11098

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeject View Post
Thanks for your interest. With a boot image on SD card the phone attempts to boot showing me this:

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS.
COPY FROM T-FLASH.
BOOT RECOVERY
WRITE 159488 sectors
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ODIN MODE

PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

Flashing with ODIN is failing. I received the USB jig, it makes no difference. The jig itself is good, it puts my wife's GS3 in the download mode just fine.
Try flashing the pit file for the storage size and then flash the stock tar in download mode
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stopeject
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Try flashing the pit file for the storage size and then flash the stock tar in download mode
Didn't work. Phone says ODIN: Flash read failure

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeject View Post
Didn't work. Phone says ODIN: Flash read failure
I had same issues. Mine would reboot out of download mode as well. What odin version are you using?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Grab the odin I used md4 tar and the pit file for 16gb here I have them in my files http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=sh...iles&flid=8857

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

What I did was re partition several times. Then I partitioned and ran md4 see time. My phones been perfect now for a few weeks. Since fixing it. Originally it had rebooted from cm and went into boot loops. Recovery vanished. Would go into dl mode and shut down. Did this several times. I stayed persistent. It paid off.

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stopeject
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I used ODIN 3.07, which looks like a correct version. I think that I have a hardware failure because the phone bricked not from a bad flash. Couple of times it lost power, but I could power it back on. It happened 4 or 5 times in a span of less than 24 hours. After the last power loss, the phone wouldn't turn on at all, unless I used the boot image on SD card.

stopeject
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I bought a phone with a cracked LCD off ebay, activated it on my account and swapped the motherboard. Kind of a radical way to unbick the phone, but it worked If there is anything else that can be done to the old motheboard, which is now in the cracked phone, I will appreciate an advice.