5,596,128 Members 33,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random Shut Downs/Lost Signal Strength on GB roms

Tip us?

Crazy Seed
Old
(Last edited by Crazy Seed; 3rd December 2013 at 12:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Question [Q] Random Shut Downs/Lost Signal Strength on GB roms

Hey mates.
The thing is: In my phone all roms running under kernel naa-14 suffer from random shut downs or from loss of signal once in a while, it doesn't happen many times but when it happens it's not good "example: you don't wanna sleep with your alarm not waking you because your phone is turned off, right?" xD.
So i was wondering: do you guys know another kernel for the most recent gb roms instead of kernel naa-14?, or if there is a rom that doesn't suffer from this shut downs/lost signal on this naa-14 kernel?.

Ps: Don't say something like: reinstall rom, go back to 2.1 and then install rom again, etc... i already did all of that.

Thanks

madz13
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Seed View Post
Hey mates.
The thing is: In my phone all roms running under kernel naa-14 suffer from random shut downs or from loss of signal once in a while, it doesn't happen many times but when it happens it's not good "example: you don't wanna sleep with your alarm not waking you because your phone is turned off, right?" xD.
So i was wondering: do you guys know another kernel for the most recent gb roms instead of kernel naa-14?, or if there is a rom that doesn't suffer from this shut downs/lost signal on this naa-14 kernel?.

Ps: Don't say something like: reinstall rom, go back to 2.1 and then install rom again, etc... i already did all of that.

Thanks
hey mate, I have some suggestion for you, firstly you can flash your mini with SEUS(Sony Ericsson Update Service) not with flashtool, so after you flashed with SEUS you will need to start over again for unlock BL and flashing custom ROMS or Kernels,

Crazy Seed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by madz13 View Post
hey mate, I have some suggestion for you, firstly you can flash your mini with SEUS(Sony Ericsson Update Service) not with flashtool, so after you flashed with SEUS you will need to start over again for unlock BL and flashing custom ROMS or Kernels,
Mate...i think you didn't see my "Ps" xD, in my Ps i say: i already did the Go back to Stock 2.1 and reinstall everything after "kernel+rom" many many times, it doesn't work. The roms work great but one day or another it remembers to shut down or loose signal :S xD. I don't know if it is the kernel or the rom that causes this, any suggestion?

Pras_92
Old
(Last edited by Pras_92; 4th December 2013 at 09:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Mate...i think you didn't see my "Ps" xD, in my Ps i say: i already did the Go back to Stock 2.1 and reinstall everything after "kernel+rom" many many times, it doesn't work. The roms work great but one day or another it remembers to shut down or loose signal :S xD. I don't know if it is the kernel or the rom that causes this, any suggestion?
Hey...you r senior than me...but according to me your problem seems to be kernel problem as every GB rom experiences random shutdowns in your case...maybe u can try redownloading the .ftf file of kernel and then flash it again....all d best mate
Click if I helped u

Device:
X10 MINI PRO
XPERIA X8
The Following User Says Thank You to Pras_92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crazy Seed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras_92 View Post
Hey...you r senior than me...but according to me your problem seems to be kernel problem as every GB rom experiences random shutdowns in your case...maybe u can try redownloading the .ftf file of kernel and then flash it again....all d best mate
Yes it is more likely a kernel problem, and that's why i wanted to know if there is another kernel without this problems. I flashed this naa-kernel 14 on my computer and on my portable computer in different times, but the result is always the same because sooner or later the phone will shut down or loose signal out of nowhere. I thought about flashing a rom with stock kernel but the roms available for stock kernel all have some bugs :S.

Ps: do you think there is much difference between this phone and Sony Live With Walkman in terms of audio quality/loudness and camera?, i am tented to buy that phone and all my problems would be solved for good as i need a stable phone when i get a job xD.

madz13
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
oh sorry, but via flashtool or SEUS when you flashed your mini's? I had same problem and Flashng via SEUS and start over again from beginning..and yes I dont have any randoms reboot or problems with signal strengh..

Pras_92
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Yes it is more likely a kernel problem, and that's why i wanted to know if there is another kernel without this problems. I flashed this naa-kernel 14 on my computer and on my portable computer in different times, but the result is always the same because sooner or later the phone will shut down or loose signal out of nowhere. I thought about flashing a rom with stock kernel but the roms available for stock kernel all have some bugs :S.

Ps: do you think there is much difference between this phone and Sony Live With Walkman in terms of audio quality/loudness and camera?, i am tented to buy that phone and all my problems would be solved for good as i need a stable phone when i get a job xD.
Did u try the rom MiniCM7pro v21 for stock kernel....?? it is much more stable for daily use...n cant say anything about any other kernel bcoz most of GB roms run on nAa14 kernel only...so i think u should try MiniCM7pro v 21 on stock kernel...
Click if I helped u

Device:
X10 MINI PRO
XPERIA X8
The Following User Says Thank You to Pras_92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crazy Seed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras_92 View Post
Did u try the rom MiniCM7pro v21 for stock kernel....?? it is much more stable for daily use...n cant say anything about any other kernel bcoz most of GB roms run on nAa14 kernel only...so i think u should try MiniCM7pro v 21 on stock kernel...
it was the first rom ever that i tried, i don't remember now if it was good or not, but is this rom really more stable to use than the most recent gb roms that run on naa-14 kernel?. And does it have all the fixes "battery, camera quality, etc" that were made till now?.

I made a new thread, asking how i can port recent gb roms to work on Stock kernel, maybe it's better this way if possible.

pusang.ligaw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
locked you bootloader 1st.

Pras_92
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
it was the first rom ever that i tried, i don't remember now if it was good or not, but is this rom really more stable to use than the most recent gb roms that run on naa-14 kernel?. And does it have all the fixes "battery, camera quality, etc" that were made till now?.

I made a new thread, asking how i can port recent gb roms to work on Stock kernel, maybe it's better this way if possible.
Yes i have tried MiniCM7pro v21 and it worked fine for me..battery backup,camera quality,sound everything worked fine....try it....
Click if I helped u

Device:
X10 MINI PRO
XPERIA X8