XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Telstra users on .259 update

Tip us?

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by brapicoco View Post
it would be good if you have the problem since we can really test if the update solved it but since you have a non faulty phone trying it would be not a good idea since we cannot really test or prove something.

Thanks man for the help that you have offered. I'm really just a frustrated z1 owner and I cant use my phone especially in games since I always lose touch.
Why don't you take the phone back or try some other ones to see if they have the same issue, for instance in your telco shop. If they don't get your phone replaced.

brapicoco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danw_oz View Post
Why don't you take the phone back or try some other ones to see if they have the same issue, for instance in your telco shop. If they don't get your phone replaced.
Customer service is really sucky here in my country. If you send your phone for repair when it comes back parts are stolen and will charge you even for parts and repair. Tried some units that were on display and dont have that annoying issue.

Fingers crossed since nexus 7 2013 had the same problems and I'm hoping that an update will fix this.

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Customer service is really sucky here in my country. If you send your phone for repair when it comes back parts are stolen and will charge you even for parts and repair. Tried some units that were on display and dont have that annoying issue.

Fingers crossed since nexus 7 2013 had the same problems and I'm hoping that an update will fix this.
Sweet, I hear you. why don't you try the update? Change two codes on your phone, plug in to PC Companion and download the Telstra update.

brapicoco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danw_oz View Post
Sweet, I hear you. why don't you try the update? Change two codes on your phone, plug in to PC Companion and download the Telstra update.
What do you mean by the two codes? I'll flash the telstra update through flashtool. However, will I still be able to use my phone in my current network?

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
What do you mean by the two codes? I'll flash the telstra update through flashtool. However, will I still be able to use my phone in my current network?
If you use flash tool the two codes don't matter, yes after you have flashed, then flash back the just the baseband from your current provider

Javinv
Old
(Last edited by Javinv; 9th December 2013 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
A couple of days ago I flashed just the 259 Kernel and I would say the touch screen improved a bit, but it kept failing. I would say mostly if you touch near one of the screen borders.

I just flashed the whole 259 firmware and my screen keeps failing as with just the kernel... only difference is now I have a weird boot logo and root is gone!

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javinv View Post
A couple of days ago I flashed just the 259 Kernel and I would say the touch screen improved a bit, but it kept failing. I would say mostly if you touch near one of the screen borders.

I just flashed the whole 259 firmware and my screen keeps failing as with just the kernel... only difference is now I have a weird boot logo and root is gone!
Yes, because it is a standard ROM, same would happen if you restored your phone with PC Companion.