[Q] Samsung Apps and non MF9 ROMs

Tip us?

SuezieQueue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Samsung Apps and non MF9 ROMs

Hello Forum!

I am a new proud SPH-L720 owner, and I have managed to get my phone rooted and TWRP running and a backup logged.

My question is, in selecting roms -- which ones will support the Samsung Apps, and why? Any and all insight is welcome.

May I restore them from my nandroid backup in Titanium Backup? Must the ROM be a MF9? May I restore certain system files from my stock/rooted to make it work?

Thanks!

SuezieQueue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
To clarify, can Samsung Apps work with an AOSP ROM, and do AOSP ROMs have the capability to support special features like Air Gesture and Screen Pause, etc..

Once again, any and all info is appreciated!

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
(Last edited by BIGSAMDA1ST; 9th December 2013 at 06:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuezieQueue View Post
To clarify, can Samsung Apps work with an AOSP ROM, and do AOSP ROMs have the capability to support special features like Air Gesture and Screen Pause, etc..

Once again, any and all info is appreciated!
I believe that by installing an AOSP ROM, you will lose any Samsung TouchWiz features like Smart Scroll, Air Gestures, and even IR remote control capabilities. It may be supported in the future although not guaranteed. And to be honest Im not much of a custom rom dude like I used to be,although there are many that are pretty awesome. Just head on over to the rom threads and check them out.. You wont be disappointed with all the great developers we have here...

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...
The Following User Says Thank You to BIGSAMDA1ST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuezieQueue
Old
(Last edited by SuezieQueue; 10th December 2013 at 05:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks! I have tested a few rooms and have settled on the SACS 4.3 ROM which is indeed Touchwiz!

Custom roms are nice, but AOSP sacrifices the gesture capabilities. I was able to install a few Samsung apps such as Watch On and the I worked with both CM 11 and a few other AOL roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuezieQueue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]