5,604,686 Members 37,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Backup EFS on Canadian Note 3 SM-N900W8?

Tip us?

Xelphos
Old
(Last edited by Xelphos; 10th December 2013 at 08:14 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Question [SOLVED] Backup EFS on Canadian Note 3 SM-N900W8?

Is there an EFS backup tool for the Canadian version of the Note 3 SM-N900W8. I want to root and back up everything that is important after rooted.

I found a few tools but I am unsure if they will even work with the Canadian version of the Note3.

radicalisto
Old
(Last edited by radicalisto; 9th December 2013 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphos View Post
Is there an EFS backup tool for the Canadian version of the Note 3 SM-N900W8. I want to root and back up everything that is important after rooted.

I found a few tools but I am unsure if they will even work with the Canadian version of the Note3.
This May work, it's just a windows batch script, from what I can gather the N900W8 is essentially an N9005 -(calcprogammer1) says he flashes N9005 roms on it at least, So one is to assume it will back up the EFS

You'll know if it doesn't work it won't output a file on to your PC, the file should be about 14-20MB in size. Try it and see it won't do any harm.

EDIT: all you gotta do is plug the phone in and unlock it and let it do it's thing, no need for download/recovery mode etc.

(EDIT 2: You will need busybox installed to restore you EFS also just an FYI, few people had issues restoring it until they installed BB)
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xelphos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
This May work, it's just a windows batch script, from what I can gather the N900W8 is essentially an N9005 -(calcprogammer1) says he flashes N9005 roms on it at least, So one is to assume it will back up the EFS

You'll know if it doesn't work it won't output a file on to your PC, the file should be about 14-20MB in size. Try it and see it won't do any harm.

EDIT: all you gotta do is plug the phone in and unlock it and let it do it's thing, no need for download/recovery mode etc.

(EDIT 2: You will need busybox installed to restore you EFS also just an FYI, few people had issues restoring it until they installed BB)
Turns out TWRP has an EFS and Modem backup option, thanks for the suggestion anyways though. =D