XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Please GT-S7562

Tip us?

Lynx2267
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Help Please GT-S7562

I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction on this issue...
I purchased my phone while on holidays in China...But I was unable to use google apps on it as it had no Google play icon.
I rooted my phone using Odin and d/loaded the standard rom for Australia region.
All apps work and phone starts fine....But when I try to ring out or in the services both drop out with a no service message.
I have tried to re flash to standard rom from China via the back up....But it fails....
Now my Samsung GT-S7562 is a Ipod....all works but NO phone active.
I thank you in advance for any help provided.
Cheers.

kenxda33
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx2267 View Post
I purchased my phone while on holidays in China...But I was unable to use google apps on it as it had no Google play icon.
I rooted my phone using Odin and d/loaded the standard rom for Australia region.
All apps work and phone starts fine....But when I try to ring out or in the services both drop out with a no service message.
I have tried to re flash to standard rom from China via the back up....But it fails....
Cheers.
what standard rom you mean srock rom if not download stock rom of your device and your country then flash it thru odin link for stock rom

http://samsung-updates.com/

Lynx2267
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Cheers.
Hi Kenxda33,
I flashed my phone with XSA region from Samsung-updates.
The phone was working correct until I flashed it with this rom.
Does the baseband version effect what rom can be flashed to a phone?
As the phone has a CHN baseband and I flashed it with a XSA rom, Will this cause conflics in the OP?
Thank for your help.

kenxda33
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Hi Kenxda33,
I flashed my phone with XSA region from Samsung-updates.
The phone was working correct until I flashed it with this rom.
Does the baseband version effect what rom can be flashed to a phone?
As the phone has a CHN baseband and I flashed it with a XSA rom, Will this cause conflics in the OP?
Thank for your help.
all country firmwear always the same softwares just country code changes but if you have Baseband issue then flash stock rom of your country

Lynx2267
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenxda33 View Post
all country firmwear always the same softwares just country code changes but if you have Baseband issue then flash stock rom of your country
Again thanks Kenxda33.
When I flashed the stock XSA rom should it of changed the baseband version from CHN to XSA?
Can I change the baseband?
As this phone is from China and google is banned there. I live in Australia I wanted to have google apps, face book, maps and the other stuff, this is why I rooted the phone.
But when I flashed the XSA rom it caused the reception to drop out on both sims.
Any advise appreciated.
Thanks again in advance.

Lynx2267
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Cheers.
Any one can help??
Is there any way to totally format phone and flash new operating system that also changes CSC code??