Tip us?

cowboyuptx
Old
(Last edited by cowboyuptx; 10th December 2013 at 10:03 AM.) Reason: errors
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Possible Remote Access with MK808 and PogoPlug

Hello all...

I recently bought a MK808 for $40, yet to receive it though...

I also bought a Pogoplug for $14, also has not arrived yet (this model Pogoplug is capable of being hacked to run Linux Arch, if that matters)...

I know you can get the Pogoplug Premium Software for $15-30, and it will allow you to register one computer/device (including androids) that can access your pogoplug drives from a remote location (even another state/country)...

So my question is, could I buy and install the Premium PogoPlug Software on my MK808, then carry it with me, theoretically traveling daily with remote access to my 4TB media collection from anywhere with an internet connection??? Wanted some opinions before I fork over the money for the Pogo Software...

Could not find anything on google regarding this... If this would work, it would be a pretty cheap way to do something pretty cool...

woody1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I have a Pogoglug server at home. I replaced the Pogoplug firmware with an Arch Linux Arm distribution. This gives me access to files for free using SFTP, SCP, etc. This requires a lot of work to set up, but once you do it, you have a lot of other possibilities.