5,597,397 Members 30,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z1 backup DRM, after Relock Bootloader it camera will work back?

Tip us?
 
Brianlymtb
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 47
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington

 
DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Xperia Z1 backup DRM, after Relock Bootloader it camera will work back?

Dear all,
I have one more noob question again.

I was use a tool name Backup-TA-9.8 to backup my Xperia Z1 DRM. If I unlock it boot loader I know that the camera will not work. But if I relock it bootloader and restore my DRM. Dose the camera will work well again?

Best regards,
Brian Lee Mataba
My device is Xperia Z1 C6902
 
gregbradley
Old
#2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianlymtb View Post
Dear all,
I have one more noob question again.

I was use a tool name Backup-TA-9.8 to backup my Xperia Z1 DRM. If I unlock it boot loader I know that the camera will not work. But if I relock it bootloader and restore my DRM. Dose the camera will work well again?

Best regards,
Brian Lee Mataba
My device is Xperia Z1 C6902
yes, as long as you have backed up the TA BEFORE you unlock the bootloader


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Brianlymtb
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 47
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
yes, as long as you have backed up the TA BEFORE you unlock the bootloader
Yeah, thanks
So I will unlock it and test the Omni ROM today xD
 
dagrim1
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 1,226
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianlymtb View Post
Yeah, thanks
So I will unlock it and test the Omni ROM today xD
But when relocking/restoring you will not be able to use those custom roms anymore (those not based on stock), just so you remember/know.
 
MohammadAG
Old
#5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3311
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
yes, as long as you have backed up the TA BEFORE you unlock the bootloader
Small question, wouldn't it be possible to unlock, root (by pushing su binaries in a custom recovery and restoring stock recovery), and relock? No reason it wouldn't work imo, and I find this procedure faster than doing the downgrade, root, recovery, upgrade method
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
gregbradley
Old
#6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Small question, wouldn't it be possible to unlock, root (by pushing su binaries in a custom recovery and restoring stock recovery), and relock? No reason it wouldn't work imo, and I find this procedure faster than doing the downgrade, root, recovery, upgrade method
yes, but when you unlock you void your warranty, so unless you are planning on keeping an unlocked bootloader I reckon the extra minute it takes to downgrade etc... is worth it to keep your warranty

Also,
There is no such thing as a "stock recovery" on Xperia devices.

Also,
there is no need to install a recovery on the downgrade method if you do not want to.


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
MohammadAG
Old
#7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3311
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
yes, but when you unlock you void your warranty, so unless you are planning on keeping an unlocked bootloader I reckon the extra minute it takes to downgrade etc... is worth it to keep your warranty

Also,
There is no such thing as a "stock recovery" on Xperia devices.

Also,
there is no need to install a recovery on the downgrade method if you do not want to.
No warranty here anyway.

I remember OTA-upgrading an Xperia Z, and that simply flashed a zip package in recovery. Why would there be no stock recovery?
And you need to install a custom recovery to do the upgrade, either that or copy files while the system is running, and I'm not sure how the latter would work without the system crashing at some point.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
gregbradley
Old
#8  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
No warranty here anyway.

I remember OTA-upgrading an Xperia Z, and that simply flashed a zip package in recovery. Why would there be no stock recovery?
And you need to install a custom recovery to do the upgrade, either that or copy files while the system is running, and I'm not sure how the latter would work without the system crashing at some point.
No.

Xperia devices have never come with a stock recovery accessible for the user.

Upgrading OTA means you do not flash it in recovery, you download the files Over The Air and then the phone upgrades itself.

No official upgrades are done in recovery, only custom kernels, custom roms or custom updates are flashed in custom recoveries


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
MohammadAG
Old
#9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3311
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
No.

Xperia devices have never come with a stock recovery accessible for the user.

Upgrading OTA means you do not flash it in recovery, you download the files Over The Air and then the phone upgrades itself.

No official upgrades are done in recovery, only custom kernels, custom roms or custom updates are flashed in custom recoveries
I know what OTA means, on previous devices with stock recovery, it simply drops you into recovery and does the flashing itself without the user ever having to touch anything. Same goes for wiping user data, it's done in recovery.

Whether the recovery is accessible to the user or not is another thing, and I didn't know about it, so thanks for that.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
papperlapapp
Old
#10  
papperlapapp's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
yes, as long as you have backed up the TA BEFORE you unlock the bootloader
How do you do a TA backup on the Z1? When you do the TA backup before doing anything else you usually do not have root yet, so I wonder how to backup the TA......
Sony Xperia Z1 - Sony ROM - 32 GB sdcard1

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more