[Q] OMNI 4.4 on N7000

Tip us?

dc7os
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] OMNI 4.4 on N7000

I installed OMNI 4.4 on my N7000 two days ago. Now i've some questions:

1. App2SD doesn't work, message: App couldn't move to SD. Why, the same app is moveable with CM10.2.
2. Yesterday my battery went down to 0% in less then 2 hours. The most energy is used by Google+, why?
3. How could i select if i want to used location based on GPS or on WLAN (or other wireless Networks)?

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7os View Post
I installed OMNI 4.4 on my N7000 two days ago. Now i've some questions:

1. App2SD doesn't work, message: App couldn't move to SD. Why, the same app is moveable with CM10.2.
2. Yesterday my battery went down to 0% in less then 2 hours. The most energy is used by Google+, why?
3. How could i select if i want to used location based on GPS or on WLAN (or other wireless Networks)?
1) CM10.2 is based on Android 4.3, Omni is 4.4.x. Other than that, I don't know what might cause that to not work.
2) Google+ can be a SERIOUS battery hog. I had it kill my old phone's battery in 2 hours flat, but my new one it is fine on. Seems to be no correlation.
3) Go to settings, locations. It might be in your Google Account settings now. Check there.
Lord of the Snarkô
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23398

DONATE TO ME
Google made a lot of changes to storage with 4.4 - As it is older devices are barely working and having numerous weird issues with storage with the new changes.

Among other things, it used to be that Google used a special fuse daemon to do permissions remapping of /data/media to /sdcard on newer devices. Now they're doing the exact opposite - FAT partitions must be remapped using a special fuse daemon which seems VERY inefficient. I've seen media scanning on first boot take as long as 30-45 minutes, pegging the CPU. Seems to only occur on first boot though.

It kind of reminds me of the old 4.1 mediascanner issues but worse, since I think it affects any device with a FAT partition for /sdcard
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dc7os
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I saw another nice Feature, take a look at http://sdrv.ms/1kt6BdJ But i don't run an OTA update...

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37553

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Google made a lot of changes to storage with 4.4 - As it is older devices are barely working and having numerous weird issues with storage with the new changes.
Storage changes might be weird, but the inability to move apps to SD card and install some of the apps from Google store are down to enforcing Selinux for the n7000.

If you use terminal emulator to disable enforcing (su, setenforce 0) all the problems disappear and you can move and install stuff with no problems whatsoever.

Until you reboot, that is. Then everything moved and installed simply vanishes into thin air because the policy is back to enforcing.

dc7os
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo View Post
Storage changes might be weird, but the inability to move apps to SD card and install some of the apps from Google store are down to enforcing Selinux for the n7000.

If you use terminal emulator to disable enforcing (su, setenforce 0) all the problems disappear and you can move and install stuff with no problems whatsoever.

Until you reboot, that is. Then everything moved and installed simply vanishes into thin air because the policy is back to enforcing.
But how should i do it, SuperSU doesn't work right. If i start an application that want to use SU rights, there's no popup from SuperSU. I flashed SuperSU 1.72 Beta after the latest nightly. But i don't get the needed rights.

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37553

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7os View Post
But how should i do it, SuperSU doesn't work right. If i start an application that want to use SU rights, there's no popup from SuperSU. I flashed SuperSU 1.72 Beta after the latest nightly. But i don't get the needed rights.
1.72 is old; flash 1.80 from here.

Tags
gps, n7000 app2sd