Originally Posted by sas_sas
I am with 4.4.KK Nightly rom.
I wonder which kernel is better battery saving vise, Semaphore or McKay Kernel ?
Both the kernels are nice according to me. You may also try the latest cyancore kernel by @ts1506
. Also his cyanAOSP ROM is the lightest KitKat ROM.
For better battery life, make sure you have the less no. of running apps in background.
Try the following:
1. Don't over-clock your device as high frequencies need higher voltages.
2. Our Galaxy S has Super AMOLED display, which consumes more battery while the white screen but consumes least when the display is black.
Therefore, use black wallpaper for screen. And try to prefer the apps with black background.
3. Use Greenify app to disable app running in background.
4. Switch of GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and mobile data when not in use.
5. Under-clock your device while sleeping to save power.
6. Kill apps while not using them.
* instead is writing thanks, press the thanks
button as it matters a lot to me (only if you feel
I helped you )
Motorola c100--> Nokia 1100--> Spice S8--> Motorola L7--> Nokia 5310 XpressMusic--> Nokia 1200--> Nokia 5800 XpressMusic--> HTC Desire A8181--> Samsung Galaxy S i9000--> Nokia E7--> Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100-->
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Currently using <3 and found no reason to switch to any other smartphone because of awesome xda development)