5,596,784 Members 48,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My phone never goes to sleep

Tip us?

apsuva
Old
(Last edited by apsuva; 10th December 2013 at 01:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Battery Full [Q] My phone never goes to sleep

I tried factory reset and wipe cache but it didnt work. pls help

robert_3EC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same issue for a while.

Setting Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep to Never fixed it for me.

kenny1991
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Maybe it needs to go to gym before bedtime and don't give it coffee or energi drinks after 4pm. And don't use sleep tablets because it will make it worse after some months.

And give no junkie food to it.

Trust me it will work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apsuva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_3EC View Post
I had the same issue for a while.

Setting Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep to Never fixed it for me.
its not work for me. still 0s deep sleep

zipn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This device / samsung software / Android - Just don't want to work together, I have used over 2weeks to narrow down this problem to try fix this. And nothing works, even when you think it's working it will just take a day/next charge/next restart and it will "**** up" again.

My best advice is to try live with it, cause unless android do something theres nothing we can do. And its a huge deal on the whole android phone market. Unless you are ready to get a new ROM... I think that is the only way to fix this.

robert_3EC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsuva View Post
its not work for me. still 0s deep sleep
Do you have the latest software updates?

If you don't find a solution, return it if you still can. Or you could try using a custom ROM, but that might or might not work and you're also going to void your warranty.

apsuva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_3EC View Post
Do you have the latest software updates?

If you don't find a solution, return it if you still can. Or you could try using a custom ROM, but that might or might not work and you're also going to void your warranty.
i have solution now

1 - settings -> device -> sound. close all sounds ( touch, screen lock, haptic feedback, pen, dialing..) if closed: open all sound. after close all again.
2 - settings -> airplanemode on
3 - power off
4 - remove battery. 1 min after attack battery.
5 - power on and wait 10mins
6 - airplanemode off
7 - open wakelock detector and its done. deep sleep working (Sorry for my english.)

The Following User Says Thank You to apsuva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zipn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not to be a negativ douch. But give it a day and you will most likely be back to square one.., Maybe 2... l have done countless things like this, it will work for a day and next day all will be back to the same. Sorry to say!

htc9420
Old
Thanks Meter 83
.....battery usage posts are like Jehovah's Witnesses and battery life computation is like oral 53x, it depends @ which end you find yourself.
@OP
I guess some would be happy to get your stats, I'll excuse myself first on that list. You lost 7% battery within 5 and smth hours. THAT IS GREAT! no issue whatsoever . I would gladly report that my device is humming away 4~7% each hour, no matter what (wifi vs 4G, great vs good GSM reception, cache flush, etc). Deep sleep apps and the other shenanigans are not relevant at the end of the day.

Android is a mobile OS that is open, aka you can side load a ton of crap on it. The little imaginary sandboxes are quite open to any app and merciful enough to tolerate any app get go postal on power like a Tasmanian devil. Quite the opposite of other OSes.

Still, if you do the math, even 1% hour is huge, compared to what ARM/qualcomm/sammy advertises about the so-called improvements. My old SGS2 had a median of 0.7~1% per hour while screen off. That was a good 7% over a 8hrs overnight, 1900 mAh battery ( almost identical sync accounts on both device, minus FB now) . This, scaled to the 3200 SGN3's battery, is almost 4 percent. Well, the only difference (while sleeping) between the two devices is the CPU and OS version. So, either the new CPU architecture is less power efficient or the OS is more hungry. That's only a part of the story. The other story there are a lot of sensors that get monitored also, regardless of screen off or not, you know Life Companion!.
My advice would be to get over it, no matter what will you do, battery life will be as good as our perception is about it . It is great out of the box, with time and apps installed, it decreases more and more

apsuva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipn View Post
Not to be a negativ douch. But give it a day and you will most likely be back to square one.., Maybe 2... l have done countless things like this, it will work for a day and next day all will be back to the same. Sorry to say!
you are right. it doesn't work. it work 3 hours and back to the same.
restart phone it work and after few hours doesnt work. my phone always working 250mhz.

Tags
battery drain, deep sleep