XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with wallpaper

Tip us?

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with wallpaper

I've been looking for some HD wallpaper for my tf 700 and cannot for the life of me find something i don't have to crop.

the wallbase app is great for a selection but when i try to set the wallpaper from the app itself its just a black screen for the wallpper then eventually goes back to the default asus.

if i save the picture from the app and try to set it as a wall paper from the gallery it just crops out over 50% of the image and is really unusable.

any help or tips?

flhthemi
Old
(Last edited by flhthemi; 8th December 2013 at 02:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen1mx6 View Post
I've been looking for some HD wallpaper for my tf 700 and cannot for the life of me find something i don't have to crop.

the wallbase app is great for a selection but when i try to set the wallpaper from the app itself its just a black screen for the wallpper then eventually goes back to the default asus.

if i save the picture from the app and try to set it as a wall paper from the gallery it just crops out over 50% of the image and is really unusable.

any help or tips?
A little app "Wallpaper Setter" will do the trick!

My wallpaper!

Screen shot from the PS3 game Grid2!

gen1mx6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
A little app "Wallpaper Setter" will do the trick!

My wallpaper!

Screen shot from the PS3 game Grid2!
Thanks, that works great when you get the right resolution!

Gudders
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I use an app called image 2 wallpaper on the play store. It takes your image and adds black boarders to the top and bottom to create a 1080x1080 resolution image (actually it matches the exact screen size but I can't remember what that is). Which means you get a nice high res image mapped 1:1 to your screen with no cropping. Only downside is that if you turn your tab to portrait you get the black bars. But hey you can't have it all I guess. Simply save the file and set it as wallpaperin the normal way.