5,604,730 Members 33,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Amaze (WIND) MUST return to stock software.

Tip us?

Megapead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Amaze (WIND) MUST return to stock software.

A few months ago I, posted a thread with a similar idea in mind however, the only answer I got was (I'm paraphrasing) "Why go back to stock,the custom ROMS are much better anyways". Well the time has come where I figure out the "why?". Yesterday I brought the phone into Wind for a check of why it's not sending MMS messages when the data is on (strangely enough it turns data on while sending the mms but, that's a story for another time). The people at Wind refused to look at my phone and told me to come back when it has stock firmware. (because, obviously I haven't returned to stock yet). Now from what I understand, from doing some research today on the forums, that the HTC Amaze (Wind Variant) has some weird software issues upon flashing a T-Mobile based ROM which I can link back to Speed Rom. So, I do the standard "Relock the bootloader and run the RUU.exe" and it just comes up with an error saying my hboot is the wrong version. The forums are pretty blank on ways to get around this (well besides going S-OFF which is a problem considering I need to bring my phone in to get the MMS issue checked. Also, I don't have that level of confidence in myself to insure I don't destroy my phone when going s-off). So, I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the issue. I'm confident that someone could possibly help me with my issue. (PS my current ROM is the latest Cyanogenmod 10 nightly, and I'm using 4ext recovery on the Amaze/Ruby).
Hope, I can get this issue resolved and thank you for helping me out with what ever problems I've had on my journey with this phone.
P.S: I didn't mean to double post the same question it's just I really needed this problem solved. I hope you can forgive me. (I fully understand if I can't return to stock under these circumstances.)

darkandshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's funny, I'm kind of in the same boat, except for 2 "minor" differences:

1) The "Smart Flash" on 4EXT never worked for me (and has consistently corrupted my internal SD card, but been able to fix it each time), so I have S-ON yet
2) I've rooted the phone itself and unlocked the bootloader, but the HBOOT is 1.93.0002, and from what I've seen, the latest firmware patch is .2222 although that really shouldn't matter

This is my 2nd HTC Amaze, and the first time I've gone through the rooting and that, took me at most an hour to complete, including time spent choosing a CMOD (I ended up with 7). This time around...I'm practically pulling my hair out because I cannot perform the S-OFF via Linux (LiveCD of course) nor starting from "square 1". I seem to be in limbo with 4EXT.

I installed Viper Amaze 1.7.2, but continually got stuck on the boot screen. Further investigation revealed that I needed to superCID the phone, which in turn would be to S-OFF first.

Additionally, I've downloaded and flashed the "stock ICS" ROM (since that was my stock ROM to begin with, naturally upgraded ICS), renamed to PH85IMG.zip yadda yadda. It recognizes and loads, but never "updates", more or less does anything after the loading bar on the bootloader.

So, just to try how much I've dug myself in with this, I've downloaded and tried 2 other ROMS, both saying "bad" (no status 7 error like the RUU flash).

I want to try out the Viper Amaze ROM since so much work and effort went into it, and it seriously looks awesome, but because my original tool that I used (HTC Super Tool) didn't require me all of these extra steps (and I didn't remember the program until now), I want to return back to stock so I can start over in a sense and complete those couple of steps that I inadvertently missed. I really feel like I'm missing something stupid.

Out of 7 Android phones that I've completed the custom ROM setup, it has to be this phone...

Anyways, tl;dr here's what I got:

Bootloader:
**Unlocked**
Ruby PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT 1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

Starting ROM: Wind Mobile ICS 4.0.3 Stock ROM
End ROM: Viper Amaze 1.7.2

Where I'm At: 4EXT, Status 7 error upon stock ROM flash. No other custom ROM works. PH85IMG.zip doesn't seem to do much upon loading via bootloader.

Megapead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkandshadow View Post

Bootloader:
**Unlocked**
Ruby PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT 1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

Starting ROM: Wind Mobile ICS 4.0.3 Stock ROM
End ROM: Viper Amaze 1.7.2

Where I'm At: 4EXT, Status 7 error upon stock ROM flash. No other custom ROM works. PH85IMG.zip doesn't seem to do much upon loading via bootloader.
I actually have the same HBOOT version as you! I have never met a device which had more difficulties going back to stock than the Wind variant of the Amaze. Anyway best of luck on your issue, and just try to remember me if you find a way back to stock. I guess we are on the same boat and the Wind isn't helping us out *Budum Tssss* . (BTW if you manage to make it back to stock I suggest you use hasoon2000's toolkit for the Amaze. It's a good toolkit for the Amaze.)

darkandshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapead View Post
I actually have the same HBOOT version as you! I have never met a device which had more difficulties going back to stock than the Wind variant of the Amaze. Anyway best of luck on your issue, and just try to remember me if you find a way back to stock. I guess we are on the same boat and the Wind isn't helping us out *Budum Tssss* . (BTW if you manage to make it back to stock I suggest you use hasoon2000's toolkit for the Amaze. It's a good toolkit for the Amaze.)
I managed to install the Viper Amaze. I went back, relocked the bootloader, got a new
ID token unlock key, and reflashed (the hell out of) everything. It actually worked.

As for the Wind Rom push back, try the EXE found here on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HTC_Amaze_4G/ROMs

Megapead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkandshadow View Post
I managed to install the Viper Amaze. I went back, relocked the bootloader, got a new
ID token unlock key, and reflashed (the hell out of) everything. It actually worked.

As for the Wind Rom push back, try the EXE found here on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HTC_Amaze_4G/ROMs
I tried, that EXE seems to only be for update from Gingerbread purposes or, was broke after I flashed a T-Mobile ROM on the device.