XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Booster on Ace 2

Tip us?

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default SD Booster on Ace 2

Has anyone tried SD Booster on the Ace 2? I found a small mention of it in the gaming thread. I was just wondering if it's worth bothering with. I've got a 4GB Class 4 card. The reviews look pretty positive on the Play STore.

chris_d_1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
dont use it. i used it and it messed up my phone. i ever created a thread here about it and i still havent gotten my phone working because of it. it will seriously **** your phone up and is not worth it.and if anyone reading this knows how to fix it can they please reply on the thread above or send me a message please

dharisd2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default me too

you mean like after intalling it and rebooting after takes a lot and when finally booted. evrything force closes.it happen to me also.

the thing that did was factory resret and recover a backup i have taken before.also only a factory reset will work

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Interesting. I think I'll give it a miss then! I'm always wary of these alleged 'performance enhancing' apps. I guess for what might only be a small improvement in performance it's not worth the bother. Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know of any performance boosters that are actually worth bothering with? I mean my phone runs okay, but it's just that temptation to squeeze every last bit of pwer out of it, ha.

chris_d_1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
for me the best thing i done was rooted it, removed all the crapware that came with it like the network apps and some of the samsung stuff. i installed an app called setcpu which automatically controls the speed of the cpu. set it as profile: screen off and max: 400000 or 200000 min:20000 priority: 100. it works great for me and i can get great times except when i use a 3g connection
The Following User Says Thank You to chris_d_1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 883
i recommend just upgrading your ext sdcard to a class 10,(and swap storages after) would help. (that is, if you can get one.)
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: CM11
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytsen View Post
i recommend just upgrading your ext sdcard to a class 10,(and swap storages after) would help. (that is, if you can get one.)
A REAL class 10 card. You can't believe how many off-brand "class 10" cards are on the market that are slower than the class 4 I bought sometime in 2006...

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo View Post
A REAL class 10 card. You can't believe how many off-brand "class 10" cards are on the market that are slower than the class 4 I bought sometime in 2006...
Lol. Mines a sandisk . Ive never encountered fake class 10. Fake ones i saw were class 4 i think..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: CM11
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks again for the tips guys, might look into that. ANd I'll be avoiding Sd Booster!

The Following User Says Thank You to edithswanneck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]