5,603,729 Members 37,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyway downgrade bootloader from 4.3 to 4.1?

Tip us?

bigbird1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anyway downgrade bootloader from 4.3 to 4.1?

Anyway downgrade l710 bootloader from 4.3 to 4.1?
Thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11095

DONATE TO ME
Not at the moment, no
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

bigbird1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for your reply.

can we do it like unlock i535? dump one who has l710 md4 bootloader file, try use dd restore to 4.3 bootloader ? does it possibly?

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11095

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird1985 View Post
thanks for your reply.

can we do it like unlock i535? dump one who has l710 md4 bootloader file, try use dd restore to 4.3 bootloader ? does it possibly?

That will brick your phone
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
That will brick your phone
Not just brick, beyond-permanent brick so that even a JTAG cannot restore, and you will have a several hundred dollar paperweight.

bigbird1985
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK...Thanks All.

But I still wait that someone can find a downgrade way...

FallenZen
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird1985 View Post
OK...Thanks All.

But I still wait that someone can find a downgrade way...
It's looking less and less likely that this breed of bootloader will ever be revocable in any practical fashion due to the nature of eFuse tech. Basically, as I understand it, when the bootloader detects whatever it deems to be an unauthorized modification it trips the eFuse... Which physically burns a pathway into the microchip. Originally intended to be used as a way to adapt a chip's functions in real-time; when used in the way KNOX is designed, eFuses become incredibly sinister by essentially etching corrupted pathways into the chip. The only possible fix would be to bypass the affected areas of the chip, but once it's done that's it. You cannot unwrite the physical damage done to the chip.

Personally, I think Samsung ought to be sued for not providing an explicit notice on the impact of the KNOX bootloader they snuck into the official OTA update since they have essentially caused physical damage to another party's personal and/or intellectual property. Unfortunately, I doubt such a lawsuit would stand much of a chance for success.

monke30butt
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenZen View Post
It's looking less and less likely that this breed of bootloader will ever be revocable in any practical fashion due to the nature of eFuse tech. Basically, as I understand it, when the bootloader detects whatever it deems to be an unauthorized modification it trips the eFuse... Which physically burns a pathway into the microchip. Originally intended to be used as a way to adapt a chip's functions in real-time; when used in the way KNOX is designed, eFuses become incredibly sinister by essentially etching corrupted pathways into the chip. The only possible fix would be to bypass the affected areas of the chip, but once it's done that's it. You cannot unwrite the physical damage done to the chip.

Personally, I think Samsung ought to be sued for not providing an explicit notice on the impact of the KNOX bootloader they snuck into the official OTA update since they have essentially caused physical damage to another party's personal and/or intellectual property. Unfortunately, I doubt such a lawsuit would stand much of a chance for success.
I can't believe Samsung has done this to their customers. Software is one thing, but to cause physical damage is going way too far. I don't mind the warranty meter that much but to transgress from a software meter to a physically damaging effect is WAY too far. We all paid them for the device & now they appear to be trying to render it useless by remote in a way. This seems kind of criminal to me.
Device: Sprint Galaxy S3
Current ROM: MK3 All In One
Kernel: Stock

Sadly Supercharged Epic 4G
has been retired......RIP