[Q] Getting .img from phone

Tip us?

rhodesbauer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] Getting .img from phone

Hi folks.

I have an unusual smartphone from a Brazilian manufacturer, CCE, who have been bought for Lenovo.
This manufacturer are not exactly knowed for their support our product quality and I'm prety sure my device will not be updated or suported for any longer.

It's the SK504 and I want to try to customize the rom, build tunning apps (battery consumption sucks) and things like that. I have a good programming backgroung but not for mobile devices so I'm stepping on eggs for now.

The first thing I tried to do was get a backup from my actual rom so if I mess with something I shouldn't I would be able to come back to a working version through fastboot.

long story short, I managed to obtain through romdump 5 files; checksum.md5, config.gz, system.info.gz and system.tar

but, in the posts I been reading, it gives me the idea that I should get a boot.img, a recovery.img and a system.tar.gz
And with this I would be able to generate my own system.img through a different process.

Since I'm not being able to find what I did wrong, can anyone tell me if there are a different way to get those boot.img and recovery.img?

I tried the "adb backup -f boot.img boot" but it generates a 1kb .img file and I don't believe this is a valid boot.img.

qwertyu123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesbauer View Post
Hi folks.

I have an unusual smartphone from a Brazilian manufacturer, CCE, who have been bought for Lenovo.
This manufacturer are not exactly knowed for their support our product quality and I'm prety sure my device will not be updated or suported for any longer.

It's the SK504 and I want to try to customize the rom, build tunning apps (battery consumption sucks) and things like that. I have a good programming backgroung but not for mobile devices so I'm stepping on eggs for now.

The first thing I tried to do was get a backup from my actual rom so if I mess with something I shouldn't I would be able to come back to a working version through fastboot.

long story short, I managed to obtain through romdump 5 files; checksum.md5, config.gz, system.info.gz and system.tar

but, in the posts I been reading, it gives me the idea that I should get a boot.img, a recovery.img and a system.tar.gz
And with this I would be able to generate my own system.img through a different process.

Since I'm not being able to find what I did wrong, can anyone tell me if there are a different way to get those boot.img and recovery.img?

I tried the "adb backup -f boot.img boot" but it generates a 1kb .img file and I don't believe this is a valid boot.img.
Instead of making a backup, have you tried to find original restore image? Usually it is a an .IMG file.

rhodesbauer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyu123 View Post
Instead of making a backup, have you tried to find original restore image? Usually it is a an .IMG file.
I used Root Explorer to look for both, recovery.img and *.img.
No result.

Noob_XDA
Old
Thanks Meter 7
try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2450045