XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with ADB

Tip us?

911jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Default Need help with ADB

This is my third Android phone and fifth Android device. I've rooted all five and installed multiple ROMs and for the most part have not had too many problems.

I'm currently running Elegancia 5.3.0 on my AT&T One X+ and have a few issues that I'm tired of dealing with. I decided to flash the RUU to go back to stock and also to update to hboot 1.4 which is required for the Blackout ROM I was thinking about trying. The RUU cannot find my phone unless I connect while in the bootloader. Even then though, the RUU flash still fails. Since it cannot see my phone while it's running, I decided to check if ADB can see it. Nope. No luck at all. I have connected with ADB to my device many, many times... but it has been close to a year since the last time I did. I removed all HTC drivers and Sync from Add/Remove Programs, deleted my old version of the SDK and Java and followed LuckyThirteen's tutorial step-by-step.

My phone still shows up in Device Manager under PORTABLE DEVICES and I can't seem to make it connect any other way.

I've tried using every combination of search terms I can think of and have had no luck for the past 48 hours.
Google Nexus 7

HTC One X+

poojiggles7
Old
Thanks Meter 30
This is the same exact issue I am having! I am on hboot 1.35 however,and my phone won't even show up on device manager. I have done everything from factory reset, to trying other roms and back ups, to calling HTC, and still nothing. Good to see someone else has the same problem tho haha

Sent from my HTC One X+

911jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Finally fixed my ADB problem using these steps.
Google Nexus 7

HTC One X+