sd card storage doubled...no space left!

Search This thread

rehuxley

Dec 1, 2010
Well, almost no space left. After flashing a rom, using cwm, I found that my storage space is left to only 1 gb when it used to have 10 gb before. Searched xda for solutions but haven't found any ( I am a noob ). Any ways to fix this? Tried rebooting into recovery and wiping partition cache but no change. Also notice that there is now the sd card and a emulator folder. Can't tell if my contents are now in both and that is why space has reduced and if so, can I delete one of the folders? Or, if it is just a "shortcut" reading the same info...please assist. Thanks!

StarkV5

Oct 18, 2013
On Earth
Well, almost no space left. After flashing a rom, using cwm, I found that my storage space is left to only 1 gb when it used to have 10 gb before. Searched xda for solutions but haven't found any ( I am a noob ). Any ways to fix this? Tried rebooting into recovery and wiping partition cache but no change. Also notice that there is now the sd card and a emulator folder. Can't tell if my contents are now in both and that is why space has reduced and if so, can I delete one of the folders? Or, if it is just a "shortcut" reading the same info...please assist. Thanks!

WRONG SECTION... You should post this in Q&A or related ROMs' thread.. For your problem i suggest you flash different ROM or go back to stock.
sdcard and emulator/0 are hard links. You cannot delete them. They are not duplicated files. Its the same files. If u delete files in one then its gone forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: rehuxley

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL

If you flashed the ROM coming from stock then your files will be duplicate, hence the lack of space, the stock ROM has all your files on the internal SD card, if you flash CM or any other ROM after android 4.2 due to the implementation of the multiuser feature, now your files are located within a folder named /0 and all those files are duplicated now, to solve your problem this is what I do, reboot to recovery as recovery can see all the files and connect your phone to the computer, move EVERYTHING from the internal SD card below the folder /0 to the folder /0, make sure that folder is empty if you just want to keep all your previous data. reboot when done and now check your internal sd space it should put a smile on your face.

Erik

request sent to have topic moved to Q&A.

Last edited:
Reactions: rehuxley

rehuxley

Dec 1, 2010
WRONG SECTION... You should post this in Q&A or related ROMs' thread.. For your problem i suggest you flash different ROM or go back to stock.
sdcard and emulator/0 are hard links. You cannot delete them. They are not duplicated files. Its the same files. If u delete files in one then its gone forever.

apologies for wrong section...

rehuxley

Dec 1, 2010
Could you post some help on how to "reboot to recovery and then move everything..." I know how to boot into recovery (using cwm) and I connected to computer but nothing shows up on computer to move anything.

If you flashed the ROM coming from stock then your files will be duplicate, hence the lack of space, the stock ROM has all your files on the internal SD card, if you flash CM or any other ROM after android 4.2 due to the implementation of the multiuser feature, now your files are located within a folder named /0 and all those files are duplicated now, to solve your problem this is what I do, reboot to recovery as recovery can see all the files and connect your phone to the computer, move EVERYTHING from the internal SD card below the folder /0 to the folder /0, make sure that folder is empty if you just want to keep all your previous data. reboot when done and now check your internal sd space it should put a smile on your face.

Erik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Erik