5,598,718 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IMEI is same even after motherboard changed but not sure they really changed

Tip us?

H4CK_H0PP3R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] IMEI is same even after motherboard changed but not sure they really changed

Hi ,

I have Nexus 7 2012 3G Model imported from USA whereas I stay in India,

I have done RMA recently , it was my 3rd time to go there, I had battery & motherboard issue this time, they changed my battery but not board but claimed that they did but i was smart to check data so when i checked my whole data was there so i got to know that they didn't changed it at all so again i give it there & told the issue,

Now problem is i am not facing any battery issue but its taking almost 8 hours to charge battery & giving 4.5 hrs on screen so i looked further so got to know that when motherboard changes it used to be IMEI also gets changes whereas i double checked with box & setting - status that my IMEI is same as before along with SSN ( sim serial number ),I seriously cant trust them whether they really changed my board or not, Is there anyway i can confirm with myself?

As i mentioned before it was my 3rd time for RMA , service is good as it does not takes time to do that like weeks but i cant trust them due to last incident & main problem is only 2 days remained to end my warranty, & this device gave me loads of issues till now, So Can anyone help me with this? I am ready to provide any details to look further.

Thanks in advance & Help will be Appreciated,

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Try checking mac address that is hardware specific so if it is same then it is not changed. Btw imei is also hardware specific so i am sure it is not changed.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes. English is not my native language.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

The Following User Says Thank You to xateeq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

H4CK_H0PP3R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by xateeq View Post
Try checking mac address that is hardware specific so if it is same then it is not changed. Btw imei is also hardware specific so i am sure it is not changed.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes. English is not my native language.
I have mac address of new right now but i don't remember Mac address if my old motherboard , Is there any way i can check old mac address ?