XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap storage question.

Tip us?

vjaamm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Safestrap storage question.

I'm new to safestrap on the M. Since a good deal of the internal storage is take up by the stock rom, when making a slot, how much storage is left over? I feel like there won't really be enough since most larger apps install to the internal storage and not the SD card.

I'm rooted but with a locked bootloader, so safestrap is my only option.

Thanks.

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaamm View Post
I'm new to safestrap on the M. Since a good deal of the internal storage is take up by the stock rom, when making a slot, how much storage is left over? I feel like there won't really be enough since most larger apps install to the internal storage and not the SD card.

Thanks.
Internal is already partitioned off into 4ish GB sections, so really you only get to exploit 4GB and about half of that is already dedicated to the stock ROM. I always ran 1GB slots when I ran SS because I use few apps. I've heard of people setting up 2GB slots but some of them would run into lag issues because they had so little memory issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaamm View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Internal is already partitioned off into 4ish GB sections, so really you only get to exploit 4GB and about half of that is already dedicated to the stock ROM. I always ran 1GB slots when I ran SS because I use few apps. I've heard of people setting up 2GB slots but some of them would run into lag issues because they had so little memory issues.
I thought you would chime in here Rik. I did not know how to answer.

Also if the op does my sd swap & mhous33's dst SS for it. Will SS BS use internal sd or external sd? What do you think?
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
I thought you would chime in here Rik. I did not know how to answer.

Also if the op does my sd swap & mhous33's dst SS for it. Will SS BS use internal sd or external sd? What do you think?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I know I could save SS backups to my external, but I'm not sure about being able to actually swap them.

vjaamm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the help! I'm gonna try the SS on stock and put a rom on and see what happens. I use a fair amount of apps, so I'm gonna go with the 2 gig and see what happens with lag and adjust from there if needed.