XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth car audio issue HALP

Tip us?

Chaingun427
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Bluetooth car audio issue HALP

Owner of an S4A and I love the phone, it convinced me to leave iphone for good.... until now. I recently installed a new head unit in my truck a Sony XAV-601bt, and when the bluetooth audio connects it asks to complete some action but i don't know what it is. No matter what i do music calls etc work fine on the head unit but for some reason my phone forgets the default launcher (nova launcher) and default music player (rocket) and default SMS app (gosms). I've exhausted google search looking for anything that resets app defaults and only found app managers etc, and i've not found anything related to the radio.

My question is this is there a way to find out what action is being executed so that I can find the correct app for it? I'm thinking that without that action it's causing strangeness with the rest of the phone

here is the screen i get when the phone pairs to the head unit

Miami_Son
Old
Thanks Meter 356
You need 25 posts before you can post pics or links on XDA. My S4A works fine with my Sony head unit on my Harley. The first time it connected it asked if it could access my contacts. If you somehow skipped that step that might be your problem. You also mentioned what you say are default apps, but those sound like the names of non-stock apps. You may have set them as the defaults, but they may not work properly with other devices expecting to interface with the apps as the phone came from Samsung.
Google Nexus 7 32gb Wifi
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy SII (sold)
Samsung Captivate (traded in)
HTC Tilt 2 (on bedroom duty)
LG Incite (long gone)
RAZR V3 (my 1st net-enabled phone)
"Well miami has a point..." - Leezrd