XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Full discharge bootloop

Tip us?

marfillaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Full discharge bootloop

My daughter fully discharged the tablet. Holding power button or with combination with either volume up or down will only show the empty battery icon and then quickly turn off after 3 seconds. So no recovery or download mode boot. I tried this after 1 hour of wall charging both plugged and unplugged.

Anyone experienced this? What steps did you do to fix this issue.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marfillaster View Post
My daughter fully discharged the tablet. Holding power button or with combination with either volume up or down will only show the empty battery icon and then quickly turn off after 3 seconds. So no recovery or download mode boot. I tried this after 1 hour of wall charging both plugged and unplugged.

Anyone experienced this? What steps did you do to fix this issue.

Not with the N7, but with other devices. I had eventually read in a few thread that the issue was sometimes fixed by removing the back panel, disconnecting the battery terminal clip & leaving it unplugged for an hour or so & then reconnecting the battery, replacing the back & charging (without turning it on or pressing buttons).

From experience with the N7, I can tell you the back is easy to remove & really requires no tool, as long as you can slide a thumbnail between the screen & the back body bezel. Just take caution, like rubber gloves (non-powdered) to avoid static discharge (risk is minimal anyway for most) & to also avoid getting oils on the copper sheeting used in the device for heat dissipation. I had touch screen issues that ended up being caused by a loose ribbon cable, so I have opened mine & I did it without tools & there were no seals I had to break. Take a look at the ifixit teardown for a better idea of how simple removing the back is & for the location of the battery terminal block, which really is right there once the N7 is open.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

marfillaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Not with the N7, but with other devices. I had eventually read in a few thread that the issue was sometimes fixed by removing the back panel, disconnecting the battery terminal clip & leaving it unplugged for an hour or so & then reconnecting the battery, replacing the back & charging (without turning it on or pressing buttons).

From experience with the N7, I can tell you the back is easy to remove & really requires no tool, as long as you can slide a thumbnail between the screen & the back body bezel. Just take caution, like rubber gloves (non-powdered) to avoid static discharge (risk is minimal anyway for most) & to also avoid getting oils on the copper sheeting used in the device for heat dissipation. I had touch screen issues that ended up being caused by a loose ribbon cable, so I have opened mine & I did it without tools & there were no seals I had to break. Take a look at the ifixit teardown for a better idea of how simple removing the back is & for the location of the battery terminal block, which really is right there once the N7 is open.
That's actually the other alternative I'm thinking. But seeing no screw to remove the back panel made me hesitant. I'll try that. Also will look at ifixit for demo.

mdamaged
Old
(Last edited by mdamaged; 10th December 2013 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 534
I've read that one has to leave it charging overnight.