[Q] How to put OLD SNote app into new "Note 3" Roms

Tip us?

francanna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] How to put OLD SNote app into new "Note 3" Roms

Hi all

I work with Galaxy Note 2 AND Galaxy Note 8.0 (4.2.2) with SNotes sync with Samsung account.

New 4.3 ROms for Note 2 featuring new SNote are wonderful, but new SNote may only import old notes and convert into a new format that is not even readable from Note 8.0 with the old application.

Since in original Sammy 4,3 Firmware there is OLD SNote, there must be a way to have it work on these roms.

What I have already tried
I have tried deleting app data, removing Snote3.apk, copying SNoteT0.apk and SNoteT0Provider.apk into system/app, setting permissions. Rebooted for wipe cache and dalvick. When I had an old MI6 Leak Rom, this trick worked.

In Dr Ketan's Rom after rebooting I receive a persistent SNote Error as soon as the phone starts. So, there must be something wrong with my procedure.

May anyone help me with this issue? How to do or make a ZIP file to restore OLD SNote?
The Following User Says Thank You to francanna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

francanna
Old
(Last edited by francanna; 25th November 2013 at 08:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I have had a solution by @shenurulz in DrKetan's thread and post it here

S note 2, flashable zip:
http://d-h.st/I2b
Credit @wesamothman

It works. Now I have BOTH new SNote AND old SNote.

At the beginning I have had some errors with Samsung account sync, that's because it featured 2 snote syncronizarion items... But after a while it has gone ok. I think that a good solution may be using different accounts for syncing the 2 apps: samsung for SNote 2 and evernote for SNote 3.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to francanna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abauer
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by francanna View Post
I have had a solution by @shenurulz in DrKetan's thread and post it here

S note 2, flashable zip:
http://d-h.st/I2b
Credit @wesamothman

It works. Now I have BOTH new SNote AND old SNote.

At the beginning I have had some errors with Samsung account sync, that's because it featured 2 snote syncronizarion items... But after a while it has gone ok. I think that a good solution may be using different accounts for syncing the 2 apps: samsung for SNote 2 and evernote for SNote 3.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
A perfect solution, I put them to synch on different accounts each and no FC whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

klau1
Old
Thanks Meter 337
How do we install this for those of us with Stock Recovery?

How do we copy and paste the files using Root Explorer?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I tried copying SNoteT0.apk and SNoteT0Provider.apk into system/app, setting permissions. Rebooted for wipe cache.

But it doesn't work.

On stock 4.3 rooted, stock recovery, so can't CWM

Please Thanks if it helped!

Tablet:
Kernel Version:
Build number:
Modifications: