XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Launcher default not staying

Tip us?

delfinparis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Launcher default not staying

I'm currently using Nova as my launcher, but the phone isn't remembering that it's the default launcher and the dialog box comes up to select my launcher each time I exit an app.

I have a rooted phone running MI9, but this was happening on MI1 as well. I thought that my upgrading the rom to MI9 that it would solve the problem.

I've tried uninstalling Nova and reinstalling it, using GoExLauncher and the same problem happens. The default launcher just doesn't stick.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

theorioles33
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinparis View Post
I'm currently using Nova as my launcher, but the phone isn't remembering that it's the default launcher and the dialog box comes up to select my launcher each time I exit an app.

I have a rooted phone running MI9, but this was happening on MI1 as well. I thought that my upgrading the rom to MI9 that it would solve the problem.

I've tried uninstalling Nova and reinstalling it, using GoExLauncher and the same problem happens. The default launcher just doesn't stick.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
A friend of mine is having the same problem. Its really unusual. Mine doesn't do it though. Hope to get answer here.

takki83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinparis View Post

Any suggestions? Thanks!
freeze touchwiz with TB could fix the problem.

the2rrell
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki83 View Post
freeze touchwiz with TB could fix the problem.
This WILL fix the issues, as it will only have one launcher to chose from.
Sent from the VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!

theorioles33
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Unfortunately my friend isn't rooted. He should be though. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk