XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification Bar becomes unresponsive

Tip us?

hawkye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Notification Bar becomes unresponsive

I have a TMo N3 model and my wife has an ATT N3 model. Both of us have an occasional issue where our Notification Bar becomes unresponsive for some reason. We have to restart the phone to get the Notification Bar to respond. Anyone else have this issue or a resolution?
T-Mobile US - Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Gear or HTC One or Nexus 4 along with Nexus 7 (2013) & ASUS Transformer TF700

winol
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkye View Post
I have a TMo N3 model and my wife has an ATT N3 model. Both of us have an occasional issue where our Notification Bar becomes unresponsive for some reason. We have to restart the phone to get the Notification Bar to respond. Anyone else have this issue or a resolution?
I had that issue, but was caused by thw xblast module of the xposed framework, are you using it, if so, thats it
former symbian user, N95, N97, N8

old devices xperia S Lt 26, SGS 3 GT i9300 Saphire black,

current galaxy note 3 sm 900w8 black, debloated stock, rooted, . xposed framework, knox state 0x1

hawkye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Crap I am using Wanam module in Xposed. That must be the issue. Thanks.
T-Mobile US - Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Gear or HTC One or Nexus 4 along with Nexus 7 (2013) & ASUS Transformer TF700

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Crap I am using Wanam module in Xposed. That must be the issue. Thanks.
It won't be Wanam unless you have centred your clock?

It'll be a mod via Xposed FW, lot of people have Wanam cause of the Official status including myself, and never no issues with notification bar.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //

hawkye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
I didn't mess with my clock at all. I did hide NFC, Two Line Date, and Custom Carrier though.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I didn't mess with my clock at all. I did hide NFC, Two Line Date, and Custom Carrier though.
Probably because you have hidden NFC (incidently my NFC doesn't show up at all even when on) and changed carrier stuff. try disabling them and see if that is the issue.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hawkye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Probably because you have hidden NFC (incidently my NFC doesn't show up at all even when on) and changed carrier stuff. try disabling them and see if that is the issue.
It looks like it might have been the hidden NFC icon. I resorted that back and haven't had the Notification Bar freeze ever since. Thanks for your help tracking it down.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawkye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]