XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Re-Root After AT&T OTA Update MJ5

Tip us?

siviog1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Re-Root After AT&T OTA Update MJ5

Is there anyway I can re-root my device? I was originally rooted with Root De La Vega and did not freeze AT&T software update nor do the SU survival mode when I applied the new OTA update. Currently, I am "Custom" with "0x0" unrooted.

the2rrell
Old
Thanks Meter 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by siviog1 View Post
Is there anyway I can re-root my device? I was originally rooted with Root De La Vega and did not freeze AT&T software update nor do the SU survival mode when I applied the new OTA update. Currently, I am "Custom" with "0x0" unrooted.
This is all over the forum, you can just use Kingo re-root, there is another way as well where you dont have to use Kingo root keeper or something like that.

im not sure, but a quick search will bring all your options for you to chose from.
Sent from the VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!

siviog1
Old
(Last edited by siviog1; 10th December 2013 at 11:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell View Post
This is all over the forum, you can just use Kingo re-root, there is another way as well where you dont have to use Kingo root keeper or something like that.

im not sure, but a quick search will bring all your options for you to chose from.
I tried using Kingo 1.1.5 app but the result is "ROOT Failed - NotSupport" during the rooting process Downloading requisite default files...

Root was successful after -
1. Disable Lookout
2. Disable Security policy updates
3. Disable Verify Apps
4. Turned on USB Debugging

Stayed in Normal Mode
Kingo Recognized the device
Started the Root process
SuperSU was disabled - Enabled via Playstore

Root Verified