XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen stuck when try to reboot

Tip us?

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Screen stuck when try to reboot

Hi,

Im trying to root my HTC ONE S. I followed all the steps that suggested in the forums, but when I reboot the phone in the final step, it got stuck in the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen. I left it there for 20 min or so, it didn't change. I am able to go to the recovery mode but I don't know what to do. I did a factory reset attempting to go back to the original software but it didn't work either. Any ideas what can I do? Im in real trouble if Im not able to use my phone anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Angel

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100315595 View Post
Hi,

Im trying to root my HTC ONE S. I followed all the steps that suggested in the forums, but when I reboot the phone in the final step, it got stuck in the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen. I left it there for 20 min or so, it didn't change. I am able to go to the recovery mode but I don't know what to do. I did a factory reset attempting to go back to the original software but it didn't work either. Any ideas what can I do? Im in real trouble if Im not able to use my phone anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Angel
Well if you are installing a custom ROM then there is no need to root before hand, you just need a custom recovery installed. The custom ROM will have root access enabled.

If you are asking how to just be rooted on a stock rom, then I would just google how to do it like you would. But I assume you install custom recovery, download a supersu.zip and install via recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to tivofool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post
Well if you are installing a custom ROM then there is no need to root before hand, you just need a custom recovery installed. The custom ROM will have root access enabled.

If you are asking how to just be rooted on a stock rom, then I would just google how to do it like you would. But I assume you install custom recovery, download a supersu.zip and install via recovery.
Hi, thank you for the reply

Well, I have no access to the sd card, it says it's not mounted. I can't copy any files to the phone, therefore I can't reinstall it from the phone. Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Angel

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Hi, thank you for the reply

Well, I have no access to the sd card, it says it's not mounted. I can't copy any files to the phone, therefore I can't reinstall it from the phone. Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Angel
seems to be a common that the sdcard can become corrupted.

If that is the case, having the stock recovery on and then booting the phone into bootloader and selecting "clear storage" fixes the issue.

Then you need to flash custom recovery again, and mount usb storage.

For the S4 Ville version of this phone and not the S3 VilleC2

stock recovery
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ery_signed.img
The Following User Says Thank You to tivofool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
[QUOTE=tivofool;48279182]seems to be a common that the sdcard can become corrupted.

If that is the case, having the stock recovery on and then booting the phone into bootloader and selecting "clear storage" fixes the issue.

stock recovery

Hi,

I tried to do what you told me, but now I can´t even go into the recovery mode. I can only access the bootloader; anytime I select recovery mode it shows this (image below), after a few minutes it reboots and stays with the white screen ´HTE quietly brilliant´. I can´t copy any files either because the computer doesn´t read the sd card. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Angel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 09-12-13 at 15.38.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	2443818  

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 165
[QUOTE=100315595;48299716]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post
seems to be a common that the sdcard can become corrupted.

stock recovery

Hi,

I tried to do what you told me, but now I can´t even go into the recovery mode. I can only access the bootloader; anytime I select recovery mode it shows this (image below), after a few minutes it reboots and stays with the white screen ´HTE quietly brilliant´. I can´t copy any files either because the computer doesn´t read the sd card. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Angel
That is good, that is the stock recovery, basically saying you don't have access to it.

But you don't need to go into recovery, it is there just to fix the issue when you enter the bootloader and pick "clear storage"

So get back to the bootloader and clear storage. Then you will need to flash the recovery of your choice, CWM or TWRP. You should now be able to access usb storage. (unless you are using the special TWRP in the Maximus thread meant for hboot 2.16, then it just doesn't work)

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, it worked. Thank you.

But, which ROM should I install now? I tried with the SU, but the screen was stuck again. Do I need the phone in S-off mode? how do I do that? I saw that many ROM's need this.

Thank you again for your help, very appreciated

Angel

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Yes, it worked. Thank you.

But, which ROM should I install now? I tried with the SU, but the screen was stuck again. Do I need the phone in S-off mode? how do I do that? I saw that many ROM's need this.

Thank you again for your help, very appreciated

Angel
You are welcome.

You only need S-Off if the rom says 2.16 HBoot required.

So there are a lot of different ones to try. As long as your Hboot is 2.15, if not then you need to upgrade your firmware to that. You see your HBoot in the bootloader screen.

So ya, most of the roms are ok with S-on, you just have to remember to:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

So on your pc download the rom, unzip it you will see the boot.img move that to fastboot folder and fastboot flash it.
Then you can move the ROM.zip to your phone and install via recovery.
Don't forget to wipe caches before rebooting. (when installing, if that particular rom opens up Aroma installer and one of the options is to wipe, do that but don't wipe again when back to recovery)

The sense based roms are generally more stable and like stock.

The CyanogenMod may have a few little bugs.

Just browse around and see which one you like.

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It all worked out pretty well.

I'm trying with the MagioRom, seems to be very stable!

Thank you for your help, you literally saved my HTC!

The Following User Says Thank You to 100315595 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]