XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Losing service constantly - cannot get LTE

Tip us?

RicoStang
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Losing service constantly - cannot get LTE

I've been doing searches for a while and I haven't been able to figure out why this is going on. I was on Kangabean and just recently started losing service once in a while and had a hard time getting LTE. I upgraded to the latest Kit Kat version of the same rom and updated my baseband a few times using different ones and although it has improved, I'm still in the same boat. What I'm wondering is if this is an issue with the rom or if it is with hardware.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1968

DONATE TO ME
You have to have the 4.3 modem on 4.4 to get rid of the data drops. Also make sure you have your APN settings correct. PTA seems to be the best one for LTE. Google will help with finding that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

RicoStang
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
You have to have the 4.3 modem on 4.4 to get rid of the data drops. Also make sure you have your APN settings correct. PTA seems to be the best one for LTE. Google will help with finding that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I've had the PTA settings forever now. They're still my default. How do I go about getting the 4.3 modem on 4.4? What would I use?

JLopez149
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Just look up rock ratt's post. He has all of the 4.3 modems set up as flashable zips. 👍

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496517. Just download and flash in recovery.

RicoStang
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLopez149 View Post
Just look up rock ratt's post. He has all of the 4.3 modems set up as flashable zips. 👍

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496517. Just download and flash in recovery.

Did that and got the modem. Service issues are okay now, but I every time I select LTE as network mode, it somehow ends up switching back to 3G