My opinion on Lg G2

Tip us?

albsat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Default My opinion on Lg G2

In two sentences.

It is such a shame that this is not a Google Nexus phone. Miss the unlocked bootloader that made updating and changing software so easy in Nexus phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to albsat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DesertHawk
Old
Thanks Meter 4963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by albsat View Post
In two sentences.

It is such a shame that this is not a Google Nexus phone. Miss the unlocked bootloader that made updating and changing software so easy in Nexus phones.
Cool story bro

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
View My Threads

CM10.2 Official for LG G2 and Samsung Tablet UI for Galaxy Note II

Excelsus for Xperia Z

And LOTS MORE

Retired Developer | Ex-Recognized Developer | Xperia Z2 & Galaxy S5

Simonna
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Solution - buy LG Nexus 5 phone.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5 Beanstalk•••Uber kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simonna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DornoDiosMio
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Is it really that hard to do stuff on here?

Probably not Nexus 5 easy, but, It's hasn't been a problem for me. Owned the phone for 4 days now and already flashed to the sexy Korean-base rom Aeon v3 for AT&T.

It's hard to understand your complaint coming from the HTC One X+ which I owned previously. That thing was a total pain and I eventually gave up even waiting for working versions of CM and others. Although, I think they eventually managed to get it mostly working minus GPS. So yeah, grass is always greener, but, my yard looks great atm!

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 112
?????

What is not easy on the G2???

We can flash recoveries, kernels, ROMs of all kinds, mods...

What else do you want, man???

albsat
Old
(Last edited by albsat; 10th December 2013 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
I love the phone. I hated nexus only because of battery life.

But Nexus has a special feeling. We always got a asop rom at the first Day of Google conference.

I miss one major thing here. I have read and I am convinced that there is not a 100% way of getting back to factory stock rom. Maybe we need a tool like Odin that installs stock roms like in Samsung.

Hardware wise, this is everything that a Nexus 5 phone should had been. No rants, I just got this impression . I will be with this phone for many months.

DesertHawk
Old
Thanks Meter 4963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by albsat View Post
I love the phone. I hated nexus only because of battery life.

But Nexus has a special feeling. We always got a asop rom at the first Day of Google conference.

I miss one major thing here. I have read and I am convinced that there is not a 100% way of getting back to factory stock rom. Maybe we need a tool like Odin that installs stock roms like in Samsung.

Hardware wise, this is everything that a Nexus 5 phone should had been. No rants, I just got this impression . I will be with this phone for many months.
That 100 percent going to stock is called flashing a KDZ mate.
View My Threads

CM10.2 Official for LG G2 and Samsung Tablet UI for Galaxy Note II

Excelsus for Xperia Z

And LOTS MORE

Retired Developer | Ex-Recognized Developer | Xperia Z2 & Galaxy S5

albsat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Thanks man, but there are so many people having unsuccessful tries on the main thread about stock. I am not a newbie in Android, but reading their comments I have gotten the impression that flashing a KDZ file will not always be successful.

I have root my phone since the first day and I am stuck in considering this stock rom step before I jump to custom roms.

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Going back to stock is easy. I did it with my rooted phone last week prior sending it in for service for a faulty 3,5mm jack. No signs of root or anything. Usually the ones with problems are *ahem* excuse me... usually noobs in some way.

This phone is easy as hell to flash and stuff. No different than most other phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21373
In two words: Thread Closed.

But honestly this thread is really not needed, if Members are unhappy with their device move on, sell it on Swappa and get the device you would like to have....

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe