5,605,835 Members 47,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stamina Mode Doesn't work whenever an app is Whitelisted

Tip us?

hansip87
Old
(Last edited by hansip87; 9th December 2013 at 12:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1573

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Stamina Mode Doesn't work whenever an app is Whitelisted

Hey all, i have one curious question..

Is it true that once we whitelisted any app (in my case Whatsapp) that the phone is running all the time? I acknowledge the issue because whenever i tried to not include any app into the exception List, the Battery Monitor Panel (made by 3c) graph will indicate that the history is not written i.e. yellow lines instead of white lines (indicating that the device is indeed in deep sleep) but once i whitelisted Whatsapp or Tasker, the Graph is written continuously (no more yellow lines, only white - battery idling and red lines - discharging)

Any guys could give some insight? Or any of you would share how do you all configure the stamina mode? Thanks!
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment

Phone History:
Nokia 6233
Sony Ericsson K700i
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro
SE Xperia Ray
Motorola RAZR Maxx
Xperia Z Ultra

SpyderTracks
Old
(Last edited by SpyderTracks; 9th December 2013 at 04:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 577
Things like WhatsApp, tasker and 3c's battery monitor app run continuously in the background. As they're exclusions in stamina mode it effectively disables stamina mode.

It's meant more for apps that are only active while running, like BT connections or uTorrent or something like that if you get me.

So eg, I add an exclusion for the the sbh52 app which is only activated when the unit is paired, during that time stamina mode adheres to the exclusion and prevents the phone from sleeping, then when I disconnect, the sbh52 app autocloses and stamina mode reactivates sleep.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

hansip87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1573

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
Things like WhatsApp, tasker and 3c's battery monitor app run continuously in the background. As they're exclusions in stamina mode it effectively disables stamina mode.

It's meant more for apps that are only active while running, like BT connections or uTorrent or something like that if you get me.

So eg, I add an exclusion for the the sbh52 app which is only activated when the unit is paired, during that time stamina mode adheres to the exclusion and prevents the phone from sleeping, then when I disconnect, the sbh52 app autocloses and stamina mode reactivates sleep.

Yeah i know, but it shouldn't be that way.. Shame that Sony hasn't trying to implement a timed wakeup for Stamina mode just for the selected program.
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment

Phone History:
Nokia 6233
Sony Ericsson K700i
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro
SE Xperia Ray
Motorola RAZR Maxx
Xperia Z Ultra

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87 View Post
Yeah i know, but it shouldn't be that way.. Shame that Sony hasn't trying to implement a timed wakeup for Stamina mode just for the selected program.
But if the programs running all the time, that's not possible, that's the point.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all