5,605,438 Members 43,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I know the n7 is not a phone but is there any app in market allow you to makecalls

Tip us?

xda23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default I know the n7 is not a phone but is there any app in market allow you to makecalls

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

superdave513
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Groove IP and Google voice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superdave513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pacman1891
Old
Thanks Meter 9
There are a number of Apps that use Google Voice to make and receive calls and text messages, like Groove IP, Talkatone. That means calls and texts in North America are free, you also get your free phone number. Personally I use Talkatone. Bad thing is Google already announced that it will end support for 3rd party apps like these in May 2014, and Google hasn't released it's own Google Voice app capable of making calls.

You can also use Skype, which can do all the calls and texts for a fee. Skype also charges for a phone number so other people can call you.

There are a number of other VOIP services and apps that use them, check out IAX and SIP.
The Following User Says Thank You to pacman1891 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]