XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help

Tip us?

m4f1050
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRRider View Post
Thanks, just picked up the phone Friday night and still learning how everything works on the Samsung phones compared to my previous HTC.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Forgot to paste you a working link. I downloaded it from that link but I just checked and it's down, try this one..

Code:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-N900P

ovrrdrive
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Looks like you made the same jump I did from htc 4g lte to N3. It's quite a bit better isn't it?

I am not happy with the direction htc is going as a company so I jumped ship on them. I had no idea the samsung phones had gotten this good since I set the Epic 4G on fire and swore I'd never buy another Samsung phone again. This phone is so much better than the 4G LTE I'm almost ashamed at how many people I talked into buying one. Oh well...

Funny about the fear of updating. When the girl at BB was setting my N3 up it started downloading an update and I snatched it out of her hands and restarted it to stop the update. I told her I was going to root it and an update might make that impossible. lol I'm coming around, slowly. If knox wasn't in the loop it would be a lot easier. I hope its just a matter of time before work arounds are found for that.

m4f1050
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post
Looks like you made the same jump I did from htc 4g lte to N3. It's quite a bit better isn't it?

I am not happy with the direction htc is going as a company so I jumped ship on them. I had no idea the samsung phones had gotten this good since I set the Epic 4G on fire and swore I'd never buy another Samsung phone again. This phone is so much better than the 4G LTE I'm almost ashamed at how many people I talked into buying one. Oh well...

Funny about the fear of updating. When the girl at BB was setting my N3 up it started downloading an update and I snatched it out of her hands and restarted it to stop the update. I told her I was going to root it and an update might make that impossible. lol I'm coming around, slowly. If knox wasn't in the loop it would be a lot easier. I hope its just a matter of time before work arounds are found for that.
Just FYI, I updated my Note3 to MJ4 and rooted it with Kingo App. Is there a newer update? After that, with Flashify I flashed TWRP and installed Bonsai MJ4 0.0.2 (no Knox)

(I have Baseband N900PVPUBMJ4 with Bonsai_v0.0.2)

ovrrdrive
Old
Thanks Meter 14
As far as I know MJ4 is the latest firmware in the wild for the N3...

CBRRider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post

Yep, I had the Epic 4G and after watching my sister with all the issues she had her Epic Touch, I swore I would never own anther Samsung again. But with the lack of support from HTC on existing phones and seeing friends with the S3, S4 and Note2 without issues, I figured I'd give them another shot. I mean I likeed my EVO LTE but this phone is so much faster and I love the larger screen. Plus, so much easier to root this phone compared to the EVO LTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Just FYI, I updated my Note3 to MJ4 and rooted it with Kingo App. Is there a newer update? After that, with Flashify I flashed TWRP and installed Bonsai MJ4 0.0.2 (no Knox)

(I have Baseband N900PVPUBMJ4 with Bonsai_v0.0.2)
I had MI5 but just ran the MJ4 firmware in Odin yesterday and took less than 30 seconds. There is no newer firmware than MJ4 currently. I used Odin to root my phone as I'm not concerned with tripping Knox.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recovery: TWRP
Rom: JellyBomb Domination ver. 2.0.1
Kernel: BeastMode 1.7

Phone History: Note 3 <- EVO 4G LTE <- Epic 4G <- Moment <- Instinct <- half dozen dumb phones

m4f1050
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRRider View Post
Yep, I had the Epic 4G and after watching my sister with all the issues she had her Epic Touch, I swore I would never own anther Samsung again. But with the lack of support from HTC on existing phones and seeing friends with the S3, S4 and Note2 without issues, I figured I'd give them another shot. I mean I likeed my EVO LTE but this phone is so much faster and I love the larger screen. Plus, so much easier to root this phone compared to the EVO LTE.

I had MI5 but just ran the MJ4 firmware in Odin yesterday and took less than 30 seconds. There is no newer firmware than MJ4 currently. I used Odin to root my phone as I'm not concerned with tripping Knox.
Well thats another story... I hate those nagging msgs at the top when you turn on the phone...