5,597,937 Members 38,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in boot loop, can't enter download mode

Tip us?

tpayne2345
Old
(Last edited by tpayne2345; 5th December 2013 at 02:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Stuck in boot loop, can't enter download mode

like title says, when I try to enter download mode it just goes black again like it's booting and nothing happens. I thought it might be a bad power button but when I went back to stock with Odin a few months ago it was working fine (power button problem but could still get to download).. so I think it might have been the rom (carbon 4.3)

I've been running Carbonrom 4.3 nightlies and they've been ok but then the power button problem started coming back up, and last night when I went back to stock again it was fine, the power button worked fine until I flashed a nightly I knew would work back from Sept. Now I can boot up the phone, the power button does NOT work, and when I try to reboot to recovery or download mode it just goes black and nothing happens like it's restarting. Taking the battery out and plugging to my PC does nothing, the red notification light comes on and then goes off.. Odin never sees it

Only thing I know to do now is let the batter drain all the way down and see what happens, but for now I can't even Odin back to stock. Any ideas at all?

tpayne2345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
little bit of an update: I was able to finally get into download mode by removing the plastic power button, booting normally and shutting it down completely, and then using the power-down-home combo.... after going back to stock via Odin, the power button works perfectly.. gonna reroot and try to update to 4.3 gradually

tpayne2345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
after 4 days of perfectly running Liquidsmooth rom 2.37 (4.3.1) the power button is acting up again so I removed the button completely again and just won't use it, seems to be working at the moment

if anyone knows a way to fix this besides taking it in for repair please post