XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Relock Sim

Tip us?

wolftou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Relock Sim

Hi, my sister gave me a S4 from A&T; however, I have T-Mobile. My question is, I plan to unlock it to use with T-mobile, but just in case my sister need the phone back, it is possible to relock the sim so that AT&T doesn't know the phone is unlocked when my sister use it? One of her friends had trouble with AT&T for unlocking an iPhone. Just want to cover all ends.

Thanks for your help.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
iPhail and Android's are 2 completely different things. When you unlock an iPhone, you have to jailbreak (root for idiots) it 75% of the time. SIM unlocking an Android device does not void the warranty. They cannot fault you for it.

Once it is done correctly, it is permanent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

wolftou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
iPhail and Android's are 2 completely different things. When you unlock an iPhone, you have to jailbreak (root for idiots) it 75% of the time. SIM unlocking an Android device does not void the warranty. They cannot fault you for it.

Once it is done correctly, it is permanent.

Thanks for the reply. It's not about fault, but it is currently illegal in the U.S. to unlock phones prior to end of contract so I think that was the problem.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
They can't tell unless they test it with a competitors SIM.

r1tesh
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftou View Post
Thanks for the reply. It's not about fault, but it is currently illegal in the U.S. to unlock phones prior to end of contract so I think that was the problem.
What if I had to leave the country, due to a death in the family and needed the S 4 there..Should I care abiut voiding the contrac5..NO. ..Dont worry about relocking the sim you should be proud you have a unlocked phone..THE END!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Lastly, what do you mean illegal..are the cellphone police going to arrest mE..and who care about the end of contrsct..Btw i called ATT to unlock the phone I have and they told me I had to pay $257 to cancel my contract and sign up again..WTF...so basically I unlocked it for $29.99..now ak I have to do is rub it in ATTs FACE.....

wolftou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
They can't tell unless they test it with a competitors SIM.

I see. So they can't tell if a phone is unlock but still uses AT&T sim, the company can't tell if it's unlocked based on the info they receive from the phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1tesh View Post
What if I had to leave the country, due to a death in the family and needed the S 4 there..Should I care abiut voiding the contrac5..NO. ..Dont worry about relocking the sim you should be proud you have a unlocked phone..THE END!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Lastly, what do you mean illegal..are the cellphone police going to arrest mE..and who care about the end of contrsct..Btw i called ATT to unlock the phone I have and they told me I had to pay $257 to cancel my contract and sign up again..WTF...so basically I unlocked it for $29.99..now ak I have to do is rub it in ATTs FACE.....

I doubt anybody is going to be arrested from unlocking the phone but the law is still there. I don't know the details but her friend was fined $500 for unlocking an iPhone.

The FCC just need to their asses to work and make everything legal again that's all. LOL.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
They should not be able to see anything unless they go into the service menus on the device itself. They also don't really care.