5,606,650 Members 36,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How Do I Get To MF9 From MK2? Sprint S4

Tip us?

chadharrop
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have downgraded mk2 to mja working fine no Knox flags tripped (still at 00). 100% stock everything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chadharrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nivedpersaud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Magnificent View Post
If he didn't take the ota he could of went back. Is that correct? Taking the ota locks the bootloader. If he updated with Odin and Philz recovery he could of keep the mf9 bootloader allowing him to down grade

Love the 90s good times
I actually took the OTA from MJA to MK2. thought it would be a better update since it said that before i installed it. Instead, it causes more bugs on my phone, where i cant use Wifi and even play Music, let alone the fact that no sound plays at all on anything and i can't make a call...as the Phone app freezes when i try to make a call.

nivedpersaud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharrop View Post
I have downgraded mk2 to mja working fine no Knox flags tripped (still at 00). 100% stock everything.

Please tell me what files you used. because at this point, I just wanna watch a simple Youtube video and call my friends! All of my data (contacts, pics, music) is already backed up on my computer. I don't have Root and i tripped the knox flag once so it says 0x1 which pissed me off

nivedpersaud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Waiting for the OP to post back if he was successful in downgrading MK2 to MJA by running the full MJA tar file. I know you can't go back farther than MJA but hoping we can at least downgrade back to MJA if we need to after a failed upgrade or bad ota.
Hey thanks for being great helpers with helping me and my phone troubles...apparently my phone works again! Knox is not blocking my wifi and my sound and Music and Calls and everything is working! I'll post a new thread if any problems arise with this update. But to be honest...stick with MJA guys. Don't go through the same trouble i went through. Too much stress to handle when u can't make a single call or play your fave song or even connect to your beloved Wifi hotspot!
The Following User Says Thank You to nivedpersaud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheChaseB
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can confirm that you can downgrade from mk2 to mja as I have done it. They process want difficult at all. Going that OP can get it going and it works out for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheChaseB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nivedpersaud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaseB View Post
I can confirm that you can downgrade from mk2 to mja as I have done it. They process want difficult at all. Going that OP can get it going and it works out for them.

Ok one question...when u downgraded, where did u find the file? And did the file wipe your data?

TheChaseB
Old
Thanks Meter 1
http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...ock%20ROMs/MJA

I used this. It did wipe everything from my phone. I just made sure to back up everything I wanted to save on my sd card using super backup. You can find that on the play store.

dmeeks72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same issue with WiFi not working and get the message. (For details: On a Stock rooted S4, Updated the Security policy and then flashed the MK2 modem).

I went to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42954149 and followed the exact instructions to go back to MJA. It worked. I didn't lose anything. Only a ~26mb download.

Hope this helps.

sputnik767
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Waiting for the OP to post back if he was successful in downgrading MK2 to MJA by running the full MJA tar file. I know you can't go back farther than MJA but hoping we can at least downgrade back to MJA if we need to after a failed upgrade or bad ota.
I had the exact same problem as the OP with wifi and KNOX notifications upon toggling wifi. This had to do with a bad update which I believe was a result of rooting my phone. Something is weird with recovery after rooting the phone with cf autoroot as it no longer looks like the stock MJA recovery. So when I manually installed the MK2 update using what I believed was the stock recovery, I experienced serious issues such as what the OP described.

In any case, I used ODIN to flash the MJA tar which restored everything back to normal. Then I used the stock recovery to apply the update zip file and everything went without a problem. Then I flashed cf autoroot with ODIN and again, the recovery looks different from the stock MJA and MK2 recovery, but everything works fine. I did not do a data wipe during any step of the process and have seen no ill effects so far.

So the take home message is, if you rooted the phone ODIN stock MJA or MK2 if it becomes available before applying any future updates manually. Or ODIN a stock recovery file for your current ROM if one is available. KNOX has nothing to do with this. I disabled KNOX and still could not turn on wifi.

The Following User Says Thank You to sputnik767 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]