5,606,297 Members 32,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any suggestions for Qi wireless charging with the Note 3?

Tip us?

V4705
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any suggestions for Qi wireless charging with the Note 3?

I see lots of $10-15 receivers on ebay, but the opinions are mixed.
I'm not using a case but of course I want it to fully support the original back cover (so it will close nicely and wont make any issues or make me open and relocate the plate often).

Any suggestions?
Also, I see that the original back cover from Sasmsung cost $40, that's not too bad, do you think its any better than using the 3rd party receiver "pads" (I don't mind spending more, but I wouldn't like to waste money just on a brand name).

Thanks!! (:

toenail_flicker
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4705 View Post
I see lots of $10-15 receivers on ebay, but the opinions are mixed.
I'm not using a case but of course I want it to fully support the original back cover (so it will close nicely and wont make any issues or make me open and relocate the plate often).

Any suggestions?
Also, I see that the original back cover from Sasmsung cost $40, that's not too bad, do you think its any better than using the 3rd party receiver "pads" (I don't mind spending more, but I wouldn't like to waste money just on a brand name).

Thanks!! (:
There is a great thread already in existence. Join us. Lots of good info. No need to read all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2438168

stanglifemike
Old
Thanks Meter 412
^^What he said.
LOTS of great information in that thread!! You'll see most of the available eBay Qi receivers in that thread, and learn which are the thinnest, support NFC, have a bigger charging area, etc. I'll give you a little info right of the bat though. With the Samsung Qi battery door, you will NOT be able to use any cases that are currently available. That was the main deciding factor for me!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other phone:White Note 2
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Other Phone: Black HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me

V4705
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry I missed the dedicated thread about that :X

I don't want to create duplicate threads so I'd really appreciate if you can help me over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post48360599

Thanks for the super quick responses!! (: