5,599,677 Members 46,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What do you use the gear mostly for?

Tip us?
 
Xirix12
Old
#11  
Xirix12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 251
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
1) Time
2) Weather
3) Notifications (I almost never hear or feel my phone notifications.)
4) Phone Calls (Making calls when my hands are doing other things, driving, eating, typing, gaming, etc.)
5) Showing off

It does so much more than my old watch!

And yes, Null_ will make it much more useful, but I did EVERYTHING (root and flash ROM) last night before bed so IDK. Battery seems to be unchanged.
Note 3 White (Baja ROM 7)│Galaxy Gear Black (Null_ 21)
 
kingofthebraves
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 791
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirix12 View Post
1) Time
2) Weather
3) Notifications (I almost never hear or feel my phone notifications.)
4) Phone Calls (Making calls when my hands are doing other things, driving, eating, typing, gaming, etc.)
5) Showing off

It does so much more than my old watch!

And yes, Null_ will make it much more useful, but I did EVERYTHING (root and flash ROM) last night before bed so IDK. Battery seems to be unchanged.
Checking your phone while viewing a notification with ur watch will automatically open the app /message on your phone right?
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4
 
Xirix12
Old
#13  
Xirix12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 251
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
Checking your phone while viewing a notification with ur watch will automatically open the app /message on your phone right?
If you are not on a custom ROM I believe that's what it does. I can't remember. With Null_ you can read the message and it gives you the option to open on the phone. I believe it gives you the option either way. I am trying to remember because I was on US stock version (Not sure about the number) then flashed UK version (V700XXUAMK7) but was on it for like 5 minutes before flashing Null_.
Note 3 White (Baja ROM 7)│Galaxy Gear Black (Null_ 21)
 
Brendo
Old
#14  
Brendo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 2,145
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
Checking your phone while viewing a notification with ur watch will automatically open the app /message on your phone right?
Yes, that is smart relay and can be setup in gear manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirix12 View Post
If you are not on a custom ROM I believe that's what it does. I can't remember. With Null_ you can read the message and it gives you the option to open on the phone. I believe it gives you the option either way. I am trying to remember because I was on US stock version (Not sure about the number) then flashed UK version (V700XXUAMK7) but was on it for like 5 minutes before flashing Null_.
Close. null_ has no effect on the notifications - they behave as they do in stock. Some apps show full notifications and no need to view on device, but option is there
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:
 
Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kingofthebraves
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 791
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
Yes, that is smart relay and can be setup in gear manager

Close. null_ has no effect on the notifications - they behave as they do in stock. Some apps show full notifications and no need to view on device, but option is there
Any luck syncing Google keep?
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4
 
Brendo
Old
#16  
Brendo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 2,145
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
Any luck syncing Google keep?
I've not tried. It requires internet access though so would need to setup Bluetooth tethering
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:
 
Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Xirix12
Old
#17  
Xirix12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 251
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yuma, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
Close. null_ has no effect on the notifications - they behave as they do in stock. Some apps show full notifications and no need to view on device, but option is there
Oh true. I just watched a video and yea it's the same. Since I went from US version to UK version then Null_. I wasn't on the UK version long enough to notice the notifications. That's why I thought Null_ made this possible. This isn't the case for those not on the updated UK version. Before flashing the UK version my Gear would only show who it came from and the option to view on device.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Note 3 White (Baja ROM 7)│Galaxy Gear Black (Null_ 21)
The Following User Says Thank You to Xirix12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mkultra77
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
1) time
2) notifications
3)hands free phoning
4)run keeper
5)taking photos (hold finger over speaker to be sneaky :P)
6)media control (cool if you got some bluetooth speakers)

I have just had it for a few days now and it is more useful than I thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Mkultra77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes