Phone info setup as a device administrator

Tip us?

mtcellph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Phone info setup as a device administrator

Hello,

I have had my phone for a while now, but today was the first time since I got the phone that I looked at the device administrators area (settings / security / device administrators) and I noticed that there was an item called "Phone Info" that was activated by default and after reading about what it is supposed to do, I decided to deactivate it, but I was unable to do so. My questions therfore are:

1.) what is the purpose of this item?

2.) why can I not deactivate it?

3.) is it normal for it to be activated by default?

4.) if is not needed than how do I get rid of it?

In case it helps, my phone is rooted and I am still running the stock 4.1.2 ROM that came with the phone.

A few days ago I tried out the "All In One" 4.3 Stock ROM from Thunder Stick, but it was not working for me to well so I restored my nandroid backup of my original stock ROM so I am not sure If the other ROM has anything to do with it or not or if the setting has always been like that, but as I said before, I just noticed it today and would like to know what it is and how to deactivate it if I can.

Thanks for any and all replies,
Mtcell

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11095

DONATE TO ME
Can you post a screenshot?
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

mtcellph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

mtcellph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Here is another one that shows the permissions dialog and where I should be able to deactivate it, but pressing the deactivate button has no effect.

Whiplashh
Old
Thanks Meter 1392
That is weird. I am checking my s3 now but this is all it shows on my optimus G. Maybe it is a Samsung thing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386707059462.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2446620

-Whiplashh

"I think a ducks opinion of me is heavily influenced by whether I have bread or not."
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

Whiplashh
Old
Thanks Meter 1392
Edit: here is what my s3 shows under those settings, but remember, my s3 isn't activated. Maybe it is just the activation stuff?Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386707199040.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2446627

-Whiplashh

"I think a ducks opinion of me is heavily influenced by whether I have bread or not."
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

mtcellph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks for the reply. After doing some research I have discovered that it is part of some corporate security thing that sprint has on some of the newer s3's (see the attached screenshot) Anyway, I have frozen the app since there is no way to disable it. That will work for now until I change my stock ROM in a few weeks.

If anyone else has this app setup as a device administrator and wants to disable it than you can use the pro version of titanium backup or the free version of sd maid to freeze the app like I have done. Note, your phone must be rooted to use these apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386736041536.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2447313