Tip us?

lagloose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2912

DONATE TO ME
Default Error compiling Omni-ROM

Got the following error while compiling:

target Java: KeyChain (/ubhome/theo/android/omnirom/out/target/common/obj/APPS/KeyChain_intermediates/classes)
target Java: LiveWallpapers (/ubhome/theo/android/omnirom/out/target/common/obj/APPS/LiveWallpapers_intermediates/classes)
packages/apps/CertInstaller/src/com/android/certinstaller/CertInstallerMain.java:88: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable EXTRA_SHOW_ADVANCED
openIntent.putExtra(DocumentsContract.EXTRA_SHOW_A DVANCED, true);
^
Note: packages/apps/CertInstaller/src/com/android/certinstaller/CertInstaller.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error

Any ideas where the problem is ?

Greetz
like my work ? Press Thanks button.

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37759

DONATE TO ME
Open /frameworks/base/core/java/android/provider/DocumentsContract.java, go to line #86 and check if it is like this:

Code:
public static final String EXTRA_SHOW_ADVANCED = "android.content.extra.SHOW_ADVANCED";
If not, you have either data corruption due to forced system reboob, power outage or similar, or you have a bad cherry pick.
If you have tried to cherry pick the popular Multi-widow™, you are out of luck: it breaks the build today and will continue to do so
until someone does a rebase..

In either case, rm -rf your /frameworks and /.repo/projects/frameworks, then resync, check again DocumentsContract.java's line 86
and get the build rolling if everything's OK.

mithun46
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo View Post
If you have tried to cherry pick the popular Multi-widow™, you are out of luck: it breaks the build today and will continue to do so
Not anymore

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/1510/
If you consider my efforts worthwhile then Donate or Thank me

lagloose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2912

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo View Post
Open /frameworks/base/core/java/android/provider/DocumentsContract.java, go to line #86 and check if it is like this:

Code:
public static final String EXTRA_SHOW_ADVANCED = "android.content.extra.SHOW_ADVANCED";
If not, you have either data corruption due to forced system reboob, power outage or similar, or you have a bad cherry pick.

In either case, rm -rf your /frameworks and /.repo/projects/frameworks, then resync, check again DocumentsContract.java's line 86
and get the build rolling if everything's OK.
Yap, you're right...
Seems that for some reason have data corruption. Will completely refetch sources and try again...

Thanx...

lagloose
Old
(Last edited by lagloose; 12th December 2013 at 10:05 AM.) Reason: checking for further problems....
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2912

DONATE TO ME
And the next one after refetch of sources....

target thumb C++: third_party_WebKit_Source_web_webkit_gyp <= external/chromium_org/third_party/WebKit/Source/web/DOMUtilitiesPrivate.cpp
target thumb C++: third_party_WebKit_Source_web_webkit_gyp <= external/chromium_org/third_party/WebKit/Source/web/DatabaseObserver.cpp
frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/view/CheckableLinearLayout.java:48: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable check
mCheckBox = (CheckBox) findViewById(R.id.check);
^
target thumb C++: third_party_WebKit_Source_web_webkit_gyp <= external/chromium_org/third_party/WebKit/Source/web/DateTimeChooserImpl.cpp
target thumb C++: third_party_WebKit_Source_web_webkit_gyp <= external/chromium_org/third_party/WebKit/Source/web/DeviceOrientationClientProxy.cpp
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Greetz

Temporary commented out to see if it is the only problem. Now continue compiling...

EDIT2:

after a lot of frustrating compilation errors, i finally found the problem. Beside making sure that all 'java' components point to JDK6, this is also necessary for 'config.jar'. So check this with:

$ sudo update-alternatives --config jar

and select the jar tool provided by JDK6 instead of other jar tools like fastjar or openjdk jar.